The Closer

Relative Matters

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Dec 12, 2011 on TNT

• What a lovely blend of a good story, life changing family news and some terrifc hnumor

I thought this episode hat it all: a good case, Brenda and Fritz personal and professional interaction, terrific humor and touching moments.What more can we ask for? There was so much going on in this episode and all of it was interwoven beautifully. The writing, directing and acting were all superb, but then we've come to expect that of The Closer. I think the overall production of the show is as good as any.

This program was all about family: Brenda's and the murder victim's. In the end, the theme of protecting family was part of every aspect of the show. The tender love of Willie Rae and Clay that comes from a lifetime together, Fritz and Brenda coming together to support her dad while managing to make their way through a case that saw them working at apparent cross-purposes at times, the thoughtful gifts Brenda's parents got for her work family and even Lt. Flynn offering Brenda his support.

The moment between Fritz and Clay at the end was the funniest of the series! I really needed a good laugh and that did it.

Merry Christmas! :)