The Closer

Saving Face

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jul 02, 2007 on TNT

• Instantly Hooked!

Just recently today (July 4th by the way) watched The Closer for the first time ever, which happened to be "Saving Face" on On Demand I was instantly hooked. It had a crime, laugh out loud moments and a great development for a key couple (Fritz/Brenda).

Simply the episode starts at a wake for I'm guessing one of Detective Lt. Provenza's dearest friends, but as they prepare to carry the casket to the grave site Provenza mistakenly lets go do to the heaviness of the casket. Causing the weight to be uneven which leads to the casket falling from everyones hands and rolling down the steps. Hitting the last step the casket opens to roll out a Jane Doe wrapped in a yellow blanket. Sure it may sound unoriginal but wait till the Bride that's suppose the get married next. I instantly wanted to laugh out loud when the Bride knocks Brenda, now that was a great way to be hooked into The Closer lol. I won't give away anymore cause you have to see it to like it, I can't just describe it but I've leave with saying this they all got cake to eat during interrogation's of the suspects for the murder though. Oh yea Brenda also gets acknowledgment on her unflattering sense of lipstick and fashion along with her her large breast, which was pretty unnecessary but was hilarious and sorta helped move along the Fritz/Brenda relationship which was pretty cute.

This is a great example of why The Closer is a ratings winner for TNT a defiant must watch for Closer fans and not but do want to see what's with all the commotion. So in my book I'm giving it a 9 out of 10 for reasons stated above and for why not 10 out of 10, I just some parts needed or could have benefited with a little more originality.