The Closer

To Serve with Love

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jul 25, 2011 on TNT

• Once again, Provenza and Flynn get into a wild mess, leading to a good time for all.

The annual "Provenza and Flynn get themselves into a ridiculous jam" episode is always a highlight of the season and this was no exception. The script was great from the start of Flynn knowing this was going to end badly ("Anything that starts with you whispering ends with other people shouting") and dragging Buzz along. Better is how we know it's just going to get worse for them, adding to the comedy. Kyra was great with her hysterical delivery and faces for this mess ("you made a VIDEO?!") and how the two cops are more interested in their money than the murder. Loved the banter between the daughter and her stepmom ("don't get bossy with me, you sat behind me in English class!") and Arkin was a good choice for the man at the center of it all. Yet again, we get a killer who doesn't seem to get the seriousness of his crime ("Everything I've done was perfectly legal. You know, except for the murder") and loved the punch line of him being broke the whole time. The end scene was a nice finale with Buzz ending up a winner as Provenza and Flynn licked their wounds. Great to see one more comedy ep for the show before it leaves and makes you miss what we have even more.