The Colbert Report

Alan Dershowitz

Aired Weekdays 11:30 PM Feb 08, 2006 on Comedy Central

• Stephen interviews Chaka Fattah and Alan Dershowitz.

The show opens with a teaser of content from the show, which involves everything from a Pennsylvania congressional district to Alan Dershowitz.

Stephen starts off the show by mentioning his new hair style, which has gotten some viewer feedback, and they weren't happy. Stephen then mentions a recent study about fat and being healthy.

He then transitions into Alberto Gonzales' testimony about NSA wiretapping in front of the Senators in Washington.

After making a crack about President Lincoln, Stephen turns his attention to Time magazine, which ponders the question, "Is America Failing Science?" It seems we are, and big time. This brings to tonight's edition of "The Word," which is "Eureka." Stephen mentions President Bush will be increasing the number of science teachers... by cutting the education budget by over $3 billion.

Back from commercial, Stephen introduces another edition of "Better Know A District", which takes a look at the second district of Pennsylvania. We then see Stephen interviewing Congressman Chaka Fattah. They talk about Pennsylvania as well as the Congressman's politics, just like all of the previous segments of this nature.

Back from commercial, Stephen introduces tonight's guest, Alan Dershowitz. They talk about Alan's new book, Preemption: A Knife That Cuts Both Ways, which is certainly, in part, about the war in Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.

Back from commercial, Stephen ends the show by reading some of the email in his In Box.

Tonight's episode was fairly average, as far as Colbert Report standards go. The "Better Know A District" segments have been losing me. I'm not as enthusiastic about the series of segments, as they all seem to be carbon copies of one another. I think Stephen needs to change things up a little somehow with the questioning.
COMEDY