The Colbert Report

Brian Greene

Aired Weekdays 11:30 PM Nov 28, 2005 on Comedy Central

• Back from vacation, Stephen gives his take on science vs religion.

The show opens with a teaser of content from the show, which involves everything from Iraq to the debate between science and religion.

Stephen starts off the show by talking a bit about Thanksgiving, and the break. Despite there being a lot of news, Stephen wants to concentrate on Cyber Monday, which follows the big shopping day of Black Friday. Stephen seems to enjoy all of the fighting going on in the stores.

Stephen moves onto the war in Iraq, and tonight's edition of "The Word", which is "never", Stephen's opinion on when we should pull our military force out of Iraq.

Stephen then moves onto tonight's phone calls, to get the opinions of the heroes, us.

Back from commercial, Stephen brings up the topic of evolution and science vs religion. Stephen decides to try and settle the debate on which is right. The debate ends with a tie, so he decides to flip a coin to determine a winner. Science wins, but when the coin somehow flips over again, he gives the win to religion.

Back from commercial, Stephen introduces tonight's guest Brian Greene. Their discussion was entirely science-based, specifically Einstein Theory of Relativity and the String Theory.

Stephen ends the show with a little comment about Brian Greene.

We got to see another solid show, despite the big vacation. The science/religion debate was pretty funny, of course.