The Colbert Report

Eliot Spitzer

Aired Weekdays 11:30 PM Nov 07, 2005 on Comedy Central

• Bears are among the biggest threats, again, and the show debuts in Canada.

The show opens with a teaser of content from the show, which involves everything from a Paris fires to the show debuting in Canada.

Stephen starts off by showing all of the fires in Paris and the protests in Central America. Stephen seems to think France won some sort of sporting event. Stephen gets into a little segment called "Stephen's Rioting Do's & Don'ts". He likes seeing windows smashed and cars on fire, and doesn't have any don'ts.

Stephen moves into "The Word", which is "Hoser." Stephen announces that The Colbert Report has been picked up in Canada. Stephen went on to criticize Canada for the soft wood tariffs, which is hurting America's lumber industry. Stephen brings in Daniel, a researcher, who was sent up to Canada to get a citizenship there. Stephen yells at Daniel for not bringing back all of the cheap medications Stephen asked for.

Up next is "Threat Down". Number 5 top threat is "Pirates," which tried to take over a cruise liner, but failed.

Number 4 was "Canadian Optometrists". They are a group of terrorists who enjoy blowing air into our eyeballs.

Number 3 is "Professional Musicians." They went on strike, delaying Christmas celebrations in New York. Stephen went off on a little rant about Christmas.

Number 2 is "NASCAR Romance Novels." NASCAR has licensed company to offer romance novels with racing themes.

Number 1 is "Bears." Why? Well for obvious reasons; you should know Stephen's stance on bears by now.

Back from commercial, Stephen welcomes tonight's guest, Eliot Spitzer, the New York State Attorney General, who is also running for Governor. They discussed Mr. Spitzer's time as Attorney General and his running for Governor.

Back from commercial, Stephen ends the show by taking notice of the 5th anniversary of George Bush being elected President. Stephen put a Rock-em-Sockem robots toy on the shelf, to commemorate the Red/Blue difference.

Another pretty funny episode. The interview with Eliot Spitzer was hilarious. Mr. Spitzer has a great sense of humor, which added to the quality of the interview.
  • Finally, Canada get's the Colbert Report! Luckly it comes right after The Daily Show just as it does in The States. My favorite part is the Threatdown, Canadian optometrists and bears made the list. I am looking forward to today episode, hopefully it will

7.1
    Finally, Canada has the Colbert Report! Luckly it comes right after The Daily Show just as it does in The States. My favorite part is the Threatdown, Canadian optometrists and bears made the list. I am looking forward to today's episode, hopefully it will be even better than yesterday's.
  • The Colbert Report makes it's Canadian deput... and we're all hosers!

So, for the first time, I(a Canadian) was able to make my decision on the Colbert Report. Stephen made some great jokes about our country and the Word of the Day segment in which the word was "hoser" was certainly the best part of the program.

Unfortunatly, it's too much of the same self involved bragging. He was great on the Daily Show because Jon Stewart balanced the tendency to be a blowhard by being the anchor.

It's okay Stephen, we think you're a hoser too.
    Take off, eh.