The Colbert Report Forums

Weekdays 11:30 PM on Comedy CentralIn Season

Colbert breaks a new record:

  • Avatar of noelveiga

    noelveiga

    [1]Aug 6, 2006
    • member since: 06/08/04
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 155
    The man who has spent longer speaking sarcastically, ever. I wonder if his sarcasm switch is permanently "on" now. Could make normal life difficult. Dangerous, even.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ClevelandRocker

    ClevelandRocker

    [2]Aug 8, 2006
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 6,949
    noelveiga wrote:
    The man who has spent longer speaking sarcastically, ever. I wonder if his sarcasm switch is permanently "on" now. Could make normal life difficult. Dangerous, even.

    If you look at the history of satire, there's bound to be a lot more.

    Besides, he's not really being sarcastic, just satiric. It's all a joke.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [3]Aug 11, 2006
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,156
    ClevelandRocker wrote:
    noelveiga wrote:
    The man who has spent longer speaking sarcastically, ever. I wonder if his sarcasm switch is permanently "on" now. Could make normal life difficult. Dangerous, even.

    If you look at the history of satire, there's bound to be a lot more.

    Besides, he's not really being sarcastic, just satiric. It's all a joke.

    I agree. He's not being sarcastic; he's spoofing obnoxious talking heads like Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ClevelandRocker

    ClevelandRocker

    [4]Aug 12, 2006
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 6,949
    HelloStuart wrote:
    ClevelandRocker wrote:
    noelveiga wrote:
    The man who has spent longer speaking sarcastically, ever. I wonder if his sarcasm switch is permanently "on" now. Could make normal life difficult. Dangerous, even.

    If you look at the history of satire, there's bound to be a lot more.

    Besides, he's not really being sarcastic, just satiric. It's all a joke.

    I agree. He's not being sarcastic; he's spoofing obnoxious talking heads like Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity.

    Can you imagine if someone did an entire show on sarcasm? The accent would drive anyone insane.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.