The Colbert Report Forums

Weekdays 11:30 PM on Comedy CentralIn Season

Exactly what is all named after him?

  • Avatar of TheDiamondDog

    TheDiamondDog

    [1]Apr 12, 2007
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 61
    • rank: Gold Monkey
    • posts: 19,860
    I know he has a bridge, bird, mascot, ice cream, and day dedicated to him, but how much does he have.  I am always so amazed to learn he has something new named after him.  And whenever he mentions it on the show, my mom goes, "I didn't realize he was that important."  It's amazing.  It's almost like he could go in the history books.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ngbballgyrl15

    Ngbballgyrl15

    [2]Apr 12, 2007
    • member since: 04/05/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 2
    Things named after Stephen:
    Stephen Jr.- eagle
    Saginaw Spirit Mascot
    Oshawa's Stephen Colbert Day
    Bridge in Hungary
    Ice Cream-Americone Dream
    Stephanie Colbertle the Turtle
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Unbreakable2312

    Unbreakable2312

    [3]Apr 14, 2007
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,142
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    I know he has a bridge, bird, mascot, ice cream, and day dedicated to him, but how much does he have.  I am always so amazed to learn he has something new named after him.  And whenever he mentions it on the show, my mom goes, "I didn't realize he was that important."  It's amazing.  It's almost like he could go in the history books.

    I was thinking pretty much the same thing. How freakin popular is this guy? Sometimes, I think he's just making things up, but where would that get him?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TheDiamondDog

    TheDiamondDog

    [4]Apr 19, 2007
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 61
    • rank: Gold Monkey
    • posts: 19,860

    Unbreakable2312 wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    I know he has a bridge, bird, mascot, ice cream, and day dedicated to him, but how much does he have.  I am always so amazed to learn he has something new named after him.  And whenever he mentions it on the show, my mom goes, "I didn't realize he was that important."  It's amazing.  It's almost like he could go in the history books.
    I was thinking pretty much the same thing. How freakin popular is this guy? Sometimes, I think he's just making things up, but where would that get him?

    The effect he produces is amazing.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mrn71

    mrn71

    [5]Apr 23, 2007
    • member since: 05/15/04
    • level: 55
    • rank: Bounty Dog
    • posts: 469
    Actually, didn't they decline to name the bridge after him, since he was still alive or some such thing?

    He did perform at the White House Press dinner last year, so he is well known and since his character is a shameless self-promoter, I'm sure we'll see more of these cultural landmarks.

    Things coming up - he asked that one mountaneer to plant a Colbert Nation flag at the top of Mt. Everest and hinted to that South Pole scientist to claim Antartica in his name.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dude350

    dude350

    [6]Jun 21, 2007
    • member since: 12/25/03
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 21
    its because his viewer base is very loyal and the kind of people that get him these things. I.E. getting the elephant population tripled via wikipedia. So he calls on people to do such things like the bridge and it usually happens
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Falconer11

    Falconer11

    [7]Aug 5, 2007
    • member since: 11/19/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 304
    Don't forget a guy named his racing Grayhound after him!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of anubis145

    anubis145

    [8]Aug 16, 2007
    • member since: 07/11/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 3,563

    and the Greyhound's a winner, just like the real Stephen!

    Colbert has also won three Emmys, two Peabodys, truthinesswas votedWord of the Year twice by American Dialect Society and Webster's, I forget what magazine called him one of the 365 most influential people,Time says he's one of the 100 most influential people, New York Magazine says he's one of the dozen most influential people, he was voted person of the year at the US Comedy Arts Festival, Maxim Online's second sexiest new anchor, one of Virgin America's planes is called Air Colbert, and he won Spike TV's "Gutsiest Move" award.

    Oh, bythe way, guys, we forgot THE most obvious thing Stephen has named after him: A TV Show.

    Edited on 08/16/2007 7:26am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Richiebcfc25

    Richiebcfc25

    [9]Aug 23, 2007
    • member since: 02/26/07
    • level: 47
    • rank: A-Teamer
    • posts: 1,402

    looks like colbert has a airplane named after him but i wonder will richard branson take his name of it after THAT interview

    OR was it a well executed publicity stunt

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [10]Aug 24, 2007
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,173
    Richiebcfc25 wrote:

    looks like colbert has a airplane named after him but i wonder will richard branson take his name of it after THAT interview

    OR was it a well executed publicity stunt.


    I'd say the latter.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LilMilton

    LilMilton

    [11]Nov 17, 2007
    • member since: 09/02/06
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 632
    I plan to name my first born after Stephen Colbert.
    Edited on 11/17/2007 8:24am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Heylin_Force

    Heylin_Force

    [12]Nov 18, 2007
    • member since: 06/05/07
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 312
    anubis145 wrote:

    and the Greyhound's a winner, just like the real Stephen!

    Colbert has also won three Emmys, two Peabodys, truthinesswas votedWord of the Year twice by American Dialect Society and Webster's, I forget what magazine called him one of the 365 most influential people,Time says he's one of the 100 most influential people, New York Magazine says he's one of the dozen most influential people, he was voted person of the year at the US Comedy Arts Festival, Maxim Online's second sexiest new anchor, one of Virgin America's planes is called Air Colbert, and he won Spike TV's "Gutsiest Move" award.

    Oh, bythe way, guys, we forgot THE most obvious thing Stephen has named after him: A TV Show.

    Only???? oh and what was this "Gutsy Move" that won him that award.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of EdFan101

    EdFan101

    [13]Nov 19, 2007
    • member since: 04/29/07
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 2,428
    colbertle the turtle lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of anubis145

    anubis145

    [14]Jan 2, 2008
    • member since: 07/11/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 3,563
    Heylin_Force wrote:
    anubis145 wrote:

    and the Greyhound's a winner, just like the real Stephen!

    Colbert has also won three Emmys, two Peabodys, truthinesswas votedWord of the Year twice by American Dialect Society and Webster's, I forget what magazine called him one of the 365 most influential people,Time says he's one of the 100 most influential people, New York Magazine says he's one of the dozen most influential people, he was voted person of the year at the US Comedy Arts Festival, Maxim Online's second sexiest new anchor, one of Virgin America's planes is called Air Colbert, and he won Spike TV's "Gutsiest Move" award.

    Oh, bythe way, guys, we forgot THE most obvious thing Stephen has named after him: A TV Show.

    Only???? oh and what was this "Gutsy Move" that won him that award.

    I'm guessing pwning the President at the White House, despite the fact he was probably getting sent to one of Bush's secret prisons for not agreeing with him, but I'm not sure.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [15]Jan 5, 2008
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,173
    anubis145 wrote:
    Heylin_Force wrote:
    anubis145 wrote:

    and the Greyhound's a winner, just like the real Stephen!

    Colbert has also won three Emmys, two Peabodys, truthinesswas votedWord of the Year twice by American Dialect Society and Webster's, I forget what magazine called him one of the 365 most influential people,Time says he's one of the 100 most influential people, New York Magazine says he's one of the dozen most influential people, he was voted person of the year at the US Comedy Arts Festival, Maxim Online's second sexiest new anchor, one of Virgin America's planes is called Air Colbert, and he won Spike TV's "Gutsiest Move" award.

    Oh, bythe way, guys, we forgot THE most obvious thing Stephen has named after him: A TV Show.


    Only???? oh and what was this "Gutsy Move" that won him that award.


    I'm guessing pwning the President at the White House, despite the fact he was probably getting sent to one of Bush's secret prisons for not agreeing with him, but I'm not sure.

    You know, we really haven't heard Bush's side of the story. He seems like a guy that can take a joke, but did it hit too close to home?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Fitzycent

    Fitzycent

    [16]Jan 5, 2008
    • member since: 04/29/07
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 500

    LilMilton wrote:
    I plan to name my first born after Stephen Colbert.

    Who don't?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sheli20

    sheli20

    [17]Apr 8, 2008
    • member since: 02/25/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 206
    Now he's got another peabody with his name on it
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gguirao

    gguirao

    [18]Feb 23, 2009
    • member since: 09/24/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 746
    Stelephant Colbert.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jaded531

    jaded531

    [19]Mar 7, 2009
    • member since: 07/13/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 73
    Well, soon he may have NASA's Node 3 named after him, if people keep voting...

    http://www.nasa.gov/externalflash/name_ISS/index.html

    Plus, there's a spot on his website to submit photos of what you'd like to see named after Stephen.

    http://community.colbertnation.com/namesake_challenge

    Immortality, thy name is Colbert.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of IdeaBender

    IdeaBender

    [20]Mar 13, 2009
    • member since: 09/12/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 206
    HelloStuart wrote:
    You know, we really haven't heard Bush's side of the story. He seems like a guy that can take a joke, but did it hit too close to home?


    Apparently, it did hit too close to home, with not just him, but the media as well.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.