The Colbert Report Forums

Weekdays 11:30 PM on Comedy CentralIn Season

Papa Bear

Who's going to nail whom?

Clayburn

[1]Jan 17, 2007
    • level: 6
    Bill O'Reilly's going to be on the Repor Thursday! I hope it's a good episode. I'm wondering if they didn't both agree to be civilized in order to get him on. Hopefully neither one holds back. What are you expectations and thoughts?
    Edited on 01/17/2007 7:41am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[2]Jan 18, 2007
    • level: 63
    We should really cherish this; after all, this is the Ali vs. Frazier of our generation.

tvssecondchild

[3]Jan 18, 2007
    • level: 14
    I saw the interview... and it seemed overhyped. O'Reilly didn't look comfortable for one minute and I felt like that cheapened the interview. It almost makes me wonder if O'Reilly would ever consider having Colbert on as a guest... my guess is not. 

cloudiedays

[4]Jan 19, 2007
    • level: 10

tvssecondchild wrote:
    I saw the interview... and it seemed overhyped. O'Reilly didn't look comfortable for one minute and I felt like that cheapened the interview. It almost makes me wonder if O'Reilly would ever consider having Colbert on as a guest... my guess is not. 

I so agree...it felt like Colbert was doing all the work to get some kind of response or debate to go.  At least be a sport and sign the dang picture!

O'Reilly had Colbert on the same day that Colbert had O'Reilly on his show (1/18/07).  However, I didn't get a chance to see how that spot went...

TheDiamondDog

[5]Jan 19, 2007
    • level: 61
    cloudiedays wrote:

tvssecondchild wrote:

I so agree...it felt like Colbert was doing all the work to get some kind of response or debate to go.  At least be a sport and sign the dang picture!

O'Reilly had Colbert on the same day that Colbert had O'Reilly on his show (1/18/07).  However, I didn't get a chance to see how that spot went...

That was overhyped.  I thought something impressive and spectacular would happen.  It was rather boring for me.  Nothing happened really.  I couldn't wait to see it, then I thought, "That's it?" after I did see it.  Too bad to.

Clayburn

[6]Jan 19, 2007
    I was disappointed too. I saw O'Reilly on the Daily Show once before and he was like that. It's like he enters onto the stage a defeated man. He just gave up. Colbert referred to him as a sexual predator, and he just sat there. Yet, on his own show, he gets all hot and angry and starts spouting out against the accusations. I wonder why he even bothered. My only guess is he went on just to let it be over-hyped and make it a dud.

There were some good moments. But overall, it seems O'Reilly is only his firey self when he's in control of the microphones.

Clayburn

[7]Jan 19, 2007
    I just watched the O'Reilly Factor on YouTube with Colbert. Stephen was amazing!

I think O'Reilly's problem is his black and white view on things (Obviously) and he sees Colbert as a tool of the left, not realizing that it's not so much a satire of political idealogy, it's a satire of blind loyalty and pompous "journalists".

ClevelandRocker

[8]Jan 19, 2007
    • level: 25
    I was a bit upset that Bill didn't even try to play along. I mean, "Stephen" was supposed to be his number one fan, and he just treated him like dirt.

Leading up to the episode, I kept on thinking about Bill's interview on the Daily Show from October 2005. It was on the Colbert Report's second night, and Bill was upset that "some French guy" was on after the show.

I did find it interesting that he considered Jon Stewart along with himself, as a traditionalist. He called Stephen secular, and Jon a traditionalist.

HelloStuart

[9]Jan 19, 2007
    ClevelandRocker wrote:
    I did find it interesting that he considered Jon Stewart along with himself, as a traditionalist. He called Stephen secular, and Jon a traditionalist.

I was quick to notice that too.

I'm gonna have to agree with the Vox Populi here- the interview was a bust.

CSM135

[10]Jan 20, 2007
    • level: 22
    I have to agree. It was rather boring. I heard on Fox news that he purposely didn't play along.

HelloStuart

[11]Jan 20, 2007
    CSM135 wrote:
    I have to agree. It was rather boring. I heard on Fox news that he purposely didn't play along.

Makes sense. The man's a humorless windbag.

SlimKirby

[12]Jan 21, 2007

Definitely a disappointment. Although, I didn't really expect much.

ha-Y-n1

[13]Jan 25, 2007
    • level: 5
    I was LMAO when colbert introduced 'Orielly's book with the 30% off sticker still on it, that made my day!

HelloStuart

[14]Jan 25, 2007
    ha-Y-n1 wrote:
    I was LMAO when colbert introduced 'Orielly's book with the 30% off sticker still on it, that made my day!

To paraphrase David Letterman, it's "30% off, 60% crap."

Brachelleg46

[15]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 8
    ha-Y-n1 wrote:

yes that was one of the only highlights! I laughed really hard on that part as well. i thought like always bill was being a jerk. I never really thought that he would play along.

Atheist420

[16]Feb 2, 2007
    • level: 10
    Dude the sexual predator line was so funny, and bill didnt react at all, i love colbert. And colbert on the oreily factor? that was so brilliant, colbert can think on his feet like nobodys business. I cant even remeber the exact like but something about being irish and eating potatoes was hillarious. and the vertigo bit.

ClevelandRocker

[17]Feb 6, 2007
    • level: 25
    HelloStuart wrote:
    CSM135 wrote:

Makes sense. The man's a humorless windbag.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention.

After the interview, Bill O'Reilly featured a body language expert (clip featured on the Colbert Report). He admitted he was just kidding, so it's alright.