The Colbert Report Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2014)

Who was the jerk that said Colbert should be in jail in tonight's episode?

PLCTheCd

[1]Nov 1, 2007
    • level: 9

THe only news is Daily Show and Colbert Report, and anyway I didn't get a good look on the guy's name. All I can see that he was the fat, bald dude saying that Doritos funding for him is illegal.

Doesn't that guy know that it's not to be taken seriously?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TheDiamondDog

[2]Nov 1, 2007
    • level: 61
    Was that O'Reily? I missed the guys' name, but it sounded like him.

anubis145

[3]Nov 1, 2007
    • level: 9
    Papa Bear would never criticize Mr. Colbert! Although, I can't say I never suspected him to be an America-hater, especially since his name is Papa BEAR, the number one threat to America.

kevinb4444

[4]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 20

no offense but if you get your political information from Comedy Central than I don't think you of all people should be calling anyone else an jerk.

Colbert is a liberal who pretends to be a Republican to make fun of them, that's not a good way to be taken seriously, yet for some reason alot of people do. Same with John Stewart. I'm not telling people how to think, just saying don't get your information from unreliable sources no matter what side of any issue you're on.

I personally like Comedy Central better when it was a Comedy Station, and did all kinds of comedy instead of shows spewing propaganda to the uninformed.

Edited on 04/22/2008 10:42am
    Edited 2 total times.

-TheDeadMan-

[5]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 20
    kevinb4444 wrote:

no offense but if you get your political information from Comedy Central than I don't think you of all people should be calling anyone else an jerk.

Colbert is a liberal who pretends to be a Republican to make fun of them, that's not a good way to be taken seriously, yet for some reason alot of people do. Same with John Stewart. I'm not telling people how to think, just saying don't get your information from unreliable sources no matter what side of any issue you're on.

I personally like Comedy Central better when it was a Comedy Station, and did all kinds of comedy instead of shows spewing propaganda to the uninformed.

I've never read anything so ignorant in my life. The Report and the Daily Show are both political HUMOR shows. They are intended to make fun of politics.

qertvbnpop

[6]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 13
    if anything, he should get introuble for touching jefferson's walking cane.

HelloStuart

[7]May 1, 2008
    • level: 63
    -TheDeadMan- wrote:
    kevinb4444 wrote:

Colbert is a liberal who pretends to be a Republican to make fun of them, that's not a good way to be taken seriously, yet for some reason alot of people do. Same with Jon Stewart. I'm not telling people how to think, just saying don't get your information from unreliable sources no matter what side of any issue you're on.

I've never read anything so ignorant in my life. The Report and the Daily Show are both political HUMOR shows. They are intended to make fun of politics.

Exactly. It's a comedy show, not a legit news program.

Have you ever noticed that people who claim that they hate TV never seem to watch it?

ebony_kunoichi

[8]May 2, 2008
    • level: 13
    I work for Doritos. How is funding for Colbert illegal??

TheDiamondDog

[9]May 8, 2008
    • level: 61

qertvbnpop wrote:
    if anything, he should get introuble for touching jefferson's walking cane.

He won't, he's a celeb. If it was a normal person like one of us though, we'd get caught. But he's on TV so he's special.