The Colbert Report

Frank Vincent

Aired Weekdays 11:30 PM Mar 16, 2006 on Comedy Central

• This episode featured one of the best interviews of the season.

The show opens with a teaser of content from the show, which involves everything from prescription drugs to the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Stephen starts off tonight's show by introducing another "Who's Attacking Me Now?" segment. It seems the Orlando Sentinel has an article about Stephen, and the writer seems to have some sort of fascination with Stephen's ears because one sticks out further than the other. Stephen then plays an audio tape of him yelling at the editor of the article on the phone.

Moving on, Stephen talks about the users of Ambien, who have been found to be gaining weight because the drugs have made them sleep eat. This brings us to tonight's edition of "The Word," which is "Sweet Dreams." Stephen congratulates the pharmaceutical companies for these side effects. He assures us he's on the medication and is actually asleep at the moment, dreaming of playing catch with an alligator, so go on, America; ask your doctor for some Ambien and join him!

Back from commercial, Stephen introduces the first edition of "Better Know A Protectorate." Tonight, Stephen profiles the U.S. Virgin Islands. Stephen then interviews Donna Christensen. Stephen and Donna discuss everything from the fact that she cannot vote in Congress to her own name and the Virgin Islands name.

Back from commercial, Stephen welcomes tonight's guest, Frank Vincent. They talk about The Sopranos and what it takes to be a man's man.

Tonight's show wasn't one of my favorites, although the interview with Frank Vincent was. Other than the great interview, my favorite my segment was the end of the first segment, which involved Stephen doing a silly little trick with one of his ears.