The Colbert Report

Harry Smith

Aired Weekdays 11:30 PM Dec 12, 2005 on Comedy Central

• Stephen looks at the war on Christmas and interviews Harry Smith.

The show opens with a teaser of content from the show, which involves everything from the war on Christmas to another American company cutting out health insurance.

Stephen starts off with the "Campaign Against Humbuggery", and they've got their graphics and music this time. It seems people who are celebrating Christmas aren't celebrating it properly. Stephen offers a little history lesson on Christmas.

Stephen moves on to the story about FORD cutting down the health insurance, which brings us into tonight's edition of "The Word", which is "Belly Achin'". Stephen can't believe people still expect their employer to provide health insurance.

Back from commercial, Stephen introduces another "Un-American News" segment, which takes us around the world, looking at their news. Stephen looks at a few newspapers, and ends with a couple of silly news programs.

Back from commercial, Stephen introduces tonight's guest, Harry Smith, who according to Stephen, may be an android. Their discussion was entirely about Harry's history as an anchor, or "tv guy", as they called it.

Back from commercial, Stephen shows a ridiculous clip from The O'Reilly Factor, and claims Bill O'Reilly's people sodomized his kid's snowman. He moves on to his Inbox of mail. Stephen's first (and only) letter is about someone looking for religious-themed stamps. Stephen suggests making your own.

Overall, another great show. The "Un-American News" segment didn't interest me a whole lot, and showing the Bill O'Reilly just bothered me. That clip just pissed me off at O'Reilly, what a moron!
COMEDY