The Colbert Report

Keith Olbermann

Aired Weekdays 11:30 PM Mar 14, 2006 on Comedy Central

• Keith Olbermann talks about his feud with Bill O'Reilly.

The show opens with a teaser of content from the show, which involves everything from the Enron trial to labor unions.

Stephen starts off the show by mentioning the new suit he had to buy because he apparently gained a little weight recently.

Stephen quickly moves into a segment about the way the media portrays figures like President Bush and Vice President Cheney by the use of skillful photo crops. Stephen says the media should stop being biased and to stop using the silly photo crops in the news articles.

Moving on, Stephen can't help buy talk about the Enron trial, which is taking place in Texas. It seems people are blaming one another, which brings us to tonight's edition of "The Word," which is "Scapegoat." With all of the finger pointing going on about Iraq, Hurricane Katrina, etc, Stephen has decided to blame it on an actual goat. He even says his weight gain is because of the goat (Stephen likes goat cheese).

Back from commercial, Stephen introduces a segment called "Was It Really That Bad?" This segment focuses on labor unions, which have been great for people, but their importance has since been questioned. The labor unions were important early on because of better wages, of course, but also better working conditions, saving a lot of lives over the years. Stephen ends up going into a little rant about his own life about work and his relationship with a girl name Jenny.

Back from commercial, Stephen welcomes tonight's guest, Keith Olbermann. They talked about everything from the differences in the audiences for news shows and sports shows to Bill O'Reilly, who has been feuding with Keith Olbermann in recent weeks.

Back from commercial, Stephen ends the show by apologizing about a "Wag of the Finger" he gave Kareem Abdul Jabbar for a documentary he had been working on. It seems Stephen has since been found out more about the documentary and apologized. To make amends, Stephen invited Kareem to be in his the sequel to his own video. He then rolls the video of himself and Kareem playing music and basketball.

There really wasn't much to highlight in tonight's episode. Everything seemed to fall into the "average" category. The final segment with Kareem was a waste of time; I'm not sure I even broke a smile for it. For the interview with Keith Olbermann, I was expecting more of them both. I know Olbermann and O'Reilly have been feuding recently, and I guess I wanted more somehow.