The Colbert Report

Ken Miller

Aired Weekdays 11:30 PM Jan 12, 2006 on Comedy Central

• Stephen discusses evolution with Ken Miller.

The show opens with a teaser of content from the show, which involves everything from Miss America to Ken Miller.

Stephen starts off the show by congratulating Jon Stewart for being named the host of this year's Oscars. Stephen says they should have used CGI to bring back Bob Hope to host the show.

He then moves on to Miss America. It seems they're getting rid of some of the traditional segments, including casual wear. This brings us to tonight's edition of "The Word," which is "Double-Stick Tape." Somehow this segment goes from talking about pageantry to Judge Alito and the U.S. acting like an empire.

Back from commercial, Stephen introduces another edition of "Better Know A District," which takes us to the ninth district of New Jersey. Stephen gives a quick look at the district and then takes us there to interview Congressman Steve Rothman. They talk about the district and Mr. Rothman's personal life, as he's single.

Back from commercial, Stephen welcomes tonight's guest, Ken Miller. Stephen asks Mr. Miller to give him a 30 second run-down of the concept of evolution.

Back from commercial, Stephen ends the show by mentioning the problem with the "truthiness" subject again. Stephen has taken it upon himself to call the "source" of the word and get him to apologize.

This was another average episode. I don't know what happened this week, but it didn't seem to have the same polish the previous weeks did. I did enjoy the interview with Ken Miller, who presented himself as a very intelligent man and when discussing evolution.
COMEDY