The Colbert Report

Lorraine Bracco

Aired Weekdays 11:30 PM Mar 09, 2006 on Comedy Central

• Lorraine Bracco drops by to promote The Sopranos.

The show opens with a teaser of content from the show, which involves everything from do it yourself to tonight's guest, Lorraine Bracco

Stephen starts off the show by mentioning the Dubai ports deal has more or less been called off, but in Stephen's eye, it's still a win for President Bush.

Moving on, Stephen expresses his love of baseball. The United States team was upset by Canada's team. Stephen assures us the loss was an exhibition game, so it's not important. Stephen tries to move on, but he cannot just give up on the story. Stephen's outraged by the idea that the American team lost to a far less talented or paid team.

Finally moving on, Stephen brings up a story where he bought some fresh butter, home made by a Mennonite. This brings us to tonight's edition of "The Word", which is "D.I.Y." Stephen reminds us of America's history and the "can-do" attitude which allowed us to break apart from Britain and form an independent nation.

Back from commercial, Stephen introduces another installment of "Better Know A District." In this installment, Stephen profiles California's 39th district, who is represented by Congresswoman Linda Sanchez. Since the congresswoman is a Spanish speaker, Stephen asks her to respond to his questions in Spanish. The interview touches on cock fighting, the no child left behind bill, and Jack Abramoff.

Back from commercial, Stephen welcomes tonight's guest, Lorraine Bracco. The interview starts off by Stephen telling her that she and her show are a cancer on society. The interview ends up being much more humorous, with the two of them talking about The Sopranos, sex, and much more.

Tonight's episode was on par with most of the episodes in some areas, but I came away thinking it had been lacking something. I think that the way the show has begun covering a few topics very quickly at the top of the show is what's bugging me. Stephen used to spend much more time on one topic and then go to "The Word." This is the format I prefer, so the change is a bit aggravating. Nevertheless, it was still a good show.