The Colbert Report

Richard Branson

Aired Weekdays 11:30 PM Aug 22, 2007 on Comedy Central

• an ad for Virgin Air. Didn't live up to the hype so more disappointing than if they hadn't said anything.

First of all, they spent the entire interview talking about Virgin Air. I found this boring & practically a paid commercial. Then Branson is upset because he didn't get to plug his airline MORE? Seriously?

Maybe I would've have cared so much if they hadn't built it up for the previous few days.

I'm not sure I have 100 words to say.....

I don't mind when people come on to talk about their books because at least the books are usualy about an idea or something interesting you might want to read. People who come on to get you to buy their product or see their movie (can you imagine them discussing the bad points or admiting it's not their best?) annoy me. If I've taped the show I usually ffwd through it.
  • Water Fight!!!

Honestly, I understand that some editing takes place but, seriously, after watching what was aired, how could anyone find this interview uncomfortable. There have been a handful where I cringed b/c the interviewee didn't seem to get Colbert's sarcasm but this wasn't one of them. They were laughing and joking the whole time with Stephen, of course, excited about the newly dubbed Virgin plane. It didn't seem like anyone was "banned" from speaking about anything but more likely that Stephen monopolized air time with his sarcasm. It's funny and what keeps audience members and tv viewers coming back. Besides, both were laughing throughout the entire water splashing. I swear...some people need to laugh a little bit. I'm glad Stephen turned this into a bit on his show, a running gag leading up to the interview.
    Either way, the show was funny as usual but certainly didn't live up to the hype of an "uncomfortable" confrontation.