The Colony

Tuesday 10:00 PM on Discovery Channel Premiered Jul 21, 2009 In Season

The Colony Fan Reviews (22)

• Different from all reality shows

I'm not the type of person to watch reality shows. Shows like "Survivor" and "Real World" have never interested me. I figured that "The Colony" would be similar but decided to give it a shot anyway because I was running out of shows to watch at the gym. I fell in love with this show just from the first episode. It's realistic and the emotions and situations are very raw and you feel like it really is happening; because it is.

Granted, it's not that likely that this perfect blend of people would happen. They consist of very intelligent people: an ER nurse, a doctor, a professor, an aerospace engineer, a machinist, a handyman, a marine biologist...you get the picture. Nonetheless, this show still outlines how hard it is to survive and what people need to focus on for survival. I don't know how they pulled off the apocalyptic atmosphere in an LA urban setting but it was a great show.

Although I love this show, I hope they aren't any more seasons because I feel like the show would deteriorate and be less realistic. I would recommend this show to anyone who likes shows like Walking Dead.