The Comeback

HBO (ended 2005)

The Comeback Fan Reviews (71)

• It was so hard to choose a classification, "trensetter" or "needs fine tuning" or "absolutely fabulous" or "what did I watch that?" I think the only thing good about this show was Lisa Kudrow's freakishly amazing performance.

It was so hard to choose a classification, "trensetter" or "needs fine tuning" or "absolutely fabulous" or "what did I watch that?" I think the only thing good about this show was Lisa Kudrow's freakishly amazing performance. But that's just about it for me. It's like watching a circus act blowing fire, juggling chainsaws, on a unicycle accross a tightrope. It was acting bravura. So convincing, so real, that it was probably too real to find anything funny about it. It was cringe moment after cringe moment, and I'm not into circuses, or america's funniest videos: I do not find it entertaining to watch a chain of incredible feats or painfully embarassing moments. Some people think it's funny to watch what happens to Valerie cherish, I don't know what kind of cruel people they are, some people find this format so ahead of its time and intelligent and watch it just for that,deem everyone else as dumb and think that to flaunt that they are fans of The Comeback makes them look smart. Well, I watch TV to be entertained, I would watch The Comeback if I were in acting class. Lisa Kudrow is a genius, but so was Einstein, I wouldn't watch him either. 9 is for Lisa Kudrow's performance. The show is still worth watching for that...if you have time to spare. I don't know, I'm totally torn. You just have to see it for yourself and it wouldn't be a waste of time even if you didn't totally like it.