The Contender Australia

Monday 8:30 PM on FOX8 Premiered Nov 02, 2009 Between Seasons

The Contender Australia Fan Reviews (1)

6.7
  • So far the match ups have been very even. The trainers are doing great jobs. Some of the personality clashes have entertaining to say the least. What a great opportunity for one of these boxers to make a name for themselves.

I've just watched the 4th episode of The Contender Australia, and frankly i couldn't believe what i saw. The Fight between Oganov vs Talipeau was a great fight,but, i,ve never seen judges get it more wrong! It was clear that Junior Talipeau won the first 4 rounds, i think the whole audience including Oganov's wife and his team mates knew that. For one judge to score it a draw and the other 2 in Oganov's favour, tells the other competitors that even if you score more punches and dominate all the rounds barr the last you'll lose.
    I don't doubt that Oganov is a good, heavy hitting boxer, and he has every chance to go far in the competition, but Junior can be forgiven for feeling a little robbed. Kind of like Jeff Fenech felt after clearly beating Azuma Nelson in Las Vegas only to have it called a draw so Nelson retained his belt.
    The better man on the night didn't get the spoils and thats what has really put a black mark on the show for me personally, this is Australia after all not the U.S.
    And can someone tell me why Jamie Pittman did not make the fight cast? Maybe Mundine didn't want to risk the chance of maybe having to fight him at the end.