The Contender Forums

Tuesday 10:00 PM on ESPNIn Season

"Barrett/Brewer" Episode Discussion/Poll- Spoiler Alert

What did you think of this episode?

ryflyguy

[1]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 14
    This is where you can discuss the episode and vote in the poll.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

NativitylnBlack

[2]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 3
    The show was ok, but I was very annoyed that two of the judges scored the fight 49-46 (or 4 rounds to 1) but by watching the show I was quite sure that Vinroy had won rounds 3,4 and 5, the fight editing HAS to be changed. Made me mad, and I was cheering for Vinroy to go all the way, so that didn't help. Props to Grady, he fought great

kdg1229

[3]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 5
    I was real surprised with this fight, I thought Vinroy would easily win, but Grady definitely impressed me. After his eye was cut, I thought he'd pack it in and Vinroy would take it, but he held his own in the final round. I'll admit i didn't like Grady and his attitude, but he was the better fighter tonight.

jmd811

[4]Aug 8, 2006

That was AWESOME!!!! The wait was worth it; it completely lived up to all the hype!!

i liked both of these fighters so i just sat back (on the edge of my seat) and enjoyed every second. Yeah, i was annoyed with those two judges and their 49-46 score. That was a really close fight. I might have scored it a tie. I was going to pound the television screen when i thought Walter was going to fight first instead of fighting K9. What a coward he would have been. And this showed that he might be hesitant to fight K9. i hope K9 is gonna butcher him in the next round. There's nothing i hate more than cockiness.

What a great episode!!

NativitylnBlack

[5]Aug 8, 2006
    Its going to get very interesting over the next three weeks. Some of the best fighters have yet to fight and we will probably see one of the top fighters go down. If Jeff fights Freddy, oh boy. Nick and Michael against Steve and Ebo, those would be some great fights.

NativitylnBlack

[6]Aug 8, 2006
    Grady faces an interesting decision on where to go in the bracket. I think he'll probably go top row and hope things play out for him.

strike1stracing

[7]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 2
    I'm extremely proud of Grady.  It was too close for comfort for me though.  Being and Okie I was cheering for Grady all the way!!! 

kdg1229

[8]Aug 8, 2006
    Nah, i think Grady's gonna give that cut all the time he can, so he'll probably choose to fight 3rd in the next round, that would be the smart move.

tphil28

[9]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 1

I was very impressed with the fight. Grady Brewer never said anything to Vinroy out of the ring. However, He said everything in the ring. Thanks Grady for beating the bulley. This fight reminds me of the time that Sugar Ray defeated Hagler. Phil

What a tremendous show. Grady represented everyone that has been picked on by a bulley. Thanks Grady for defeating the bulley. This time the underdog is on top. I could watch this fight over and over. Grady, give yourself time to heal and then kick Walter Wright's butt!!! That would be priceless.

jackee0

[10]Aug 9, 2006
    I am so glad Grady won against Vinroy too.  After winning the first two rounds, Grady slowed down after being head butted.  I was afraid he was dazed too much to carry on and Vinroy would get the best of him. He did let the head butt bother him for awhile, but his corner was good to keep down playing it so he could get back focused on the task ahead.  Grady did a great job in toppling the bully. If you noticed the yellow team has a lot of bullies and each time the underdog sent them packing....except for Walter, and I hope K9 beat him senseless.  There is a difference in being confident and cocky, Mike and Aaron were very cocky and they are gone. I did not even see a post game interview with Aaron...was he too cocky to be admit defeat? I can't wait for the next lineup and fight. I just hope the blue team keep on keeping on.

NativitylnBlack

[11]Aug 9, 2006
    I really didn't consider Vinroy a bully, sure he talked some but all fighters do, and the way Grady talked to his family made me think that much of his trash talking was probably edited out. Both of them came in looking determned, Vinroy did NOT look cocky at all. But Grady came out fast and Vinroy wasnt ready. And it was Grady's fault he got headbutted, he kept grabbing Vinroy and pulling him towards him.

ryflyguy

[12]Aug 9, 2006
    Who else didnt really like Vinroy's older daughter, she wasnt happy to see him, she kept a mad face the whole time, she didnt hug him or anything, meanwhile his younger daughter was all excited and cheerful. Also on the phone the older daughter didnt even say I love You on the phone, she just kept saying "Kay" to all of Vinroy's comments, did anyone else notice this?

NativitylnBlack

[13]Aug 9, 2006

Yeah I did, that did annoy me , especially when he was on the phone with her, this especially:

Vinroy: Bye baby, I love you

Daughter:.......kay

Edited on 08/09/2006 10:19am

ryflyguy

[14]Aug 9, 2006
    exactly! she wasnt even smiling when she saw him, which hadnt been for along time im guessing since they live in Jamacia, thats kind of weird tho, ive never hear of a husband living in a different country then his wife and kids

jackee0

[15]Aug 9, 2006
    Maybe it was edited out....

sunchild1213

[16]Aug 10, 2006
    • level: 1
    [This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
    Edited on 08/10/2006 10:24am

NativitylnBlack

[17]Aug 12, 2006
    After rewatching the episode today I still think Vinroy won.... Yeah I know the editing and all, but anyway. The headbutt in the 3rd round was CLEARLY unintentional, if anyones it was Grady's fault. The referee called "accidental headbutt" which does not give Grady anything. From watching the fight. I gave Grady round 1 by a little, round 2 decisively, round 3 to Vinroy since the headbutt did not account for points and Round 4 decisively to Vinroy, Round 5 was close, but from what was showed I would have gone Vinroy by a slight margin. Still, 49-46 is unbelievable, the headbutt was declared accidental and had no weight on the scoring.
    I also don't understand why people are calling Vinroy a bully, he called Grady a coward after he was trash talking Walter, stood up for his teammate, Grady wasn't exactly sitting back taking this all either,they both talked and Grady just fought better when it mattered.