The Cosby Show Forums

NBC (ended 1992)

Question about episode

GuyluvsGod

[1]Dec 27, 2005
    • level: 8
    In episode #163 entitled "It's Your Move," Elvin says something like "This game is the clash of Titans." Sondra then said, "I thought last week's game was clash of Titans." Elvin replies, "Well, those were different Titans." But the Tennessee Titans weren't even around then. Well they were, but they were known as the Houston Oilers until about 1997, and this episode aired in 1990. Help me out, guys!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shadoekatt

[2]Dec 28, 2005
    • level: 1
    this isnt referring to the team the titans its referring to a group of people of size and strength. i think i said it right? hope to answer your question=)

GuyluvsGod

[3]Dec 29, 2005
    • level: 8
    shadoekatt wrote:
    this isn't referring to the team the titans it's referring to a group of people of size and strength. i think i said it right? hope to answer your question=)

I'm not sure if I understood what you said.

TVvuer69

[4]Dec 30, 2005
    • level: 58
    "Clash of the Titans" is a common term used in many sports. From football to wrestling, it's sort of a paraphrase of warriors on the battlefield in one huge match. In this episode, the playoff game was the Giants vs. the Eagles, who were at the time it aired were challenging each other for dominance in the NFC Eastern Division. Whoever won would go further into the playoffs, the next step toward the Super Bowl. Hope this helps.