The Cosby Show Forums

NBC (ended 1992)

Re-use Of Actors On the Show

sliimshaydi

[1]Feb 8, 2007
    • level: 1

The cosby show was always re-using actors. Martin's father was played by that same guy from the episode when Justine kept seeing other guys and Theo wanted to use some voodoo to get rid of the guy. They went to some voodoo man and he kept saying "27 years, same location. I'm not going anywhere, and no one's asked me to." Later on, he played Martin's dad.

Also, a friend of Cliff's and Russel's had come over for Russel and Ana's anniversary. He was the same guy who played the waiter in an earlier episode, when Cliff takes Rudy, Kenny, and some of their friends to a gourmet restaurant and they wind up eating as Circus Burger.

And who can forget Jade? Denny's over-exaggerating girlfriend who magically returned with a Barbados accent as a completly different person, and wound up being Theo's girlfriend? Not only that, there was a scene when the girl and Denny are in the same room, and it's like they've never met.

Can anyone spot anymore?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dxhbk7155

[2]Feb 9, 2007
    • level: 3
    the guy who played martin, was also on the episode called cliff in love he play a guy that Sondra has over for dinner

Sarie023

[4]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 9
    I actually caught that one (about Martin). I'm proud of myself.

Tia1225

[5]Aug 29, 2007
    • level: 8
    Blair Underwood played Denise's date in one of the season one episodes. (the one where they move the furniture and dance in the living-room) Then he later played the boyfriend of Denise's classmate, Suzanne. (played by Robin Givens)

JOYISMINE1

[6]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 2
    yeah i remember that one too!!!! And didn't the girl who played charmaine later on play theo's or his friend's date in the episode where they rented a helicopter for the prom??? Not sure about that one though.

TVvuer69

[7]Jan 9, 2009
    • level: 58
    Although this doesn't exactly qualify since it's two series, Kadeem Hardison was first seen in season 1's "A Shirt Story", then returns to play Dwayne Wayne on A Different World. But he did return to the Huxtable home in that show's third season when he got the chance to visit Denise when he drove Whitley to New York for her father's wedding.