The Cosby Show Forums

NBC (ended 1992)

Seasons 3 & 4 on DVD

robinepowell

[1]Feb 26, 2007
    • level: 63

That's right, Amazon is taking (unofficially) orders for both seasons to be released at the same time on June 5th for a discount price of $18.69 each.  Grab them while they're hot!

:
    We've added a news item for "Cosby Show, The" to the site. Here it is:

Seasons 3 and 4 up on Amazon - 7:49 AM 2/23/2007 We have news on the third and fourth seasons of "The Cosby Show" www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6961

You were sent this email because you have expressed interest in having "Cosby Show, The" released on DVD. If you no longer want to receive these emails you may change the setting in your User Options - "Change Account Information". TVShowsOnDVD.com - www.TVShowsOnDVD.com 

Edited on 02/26/2007 11:06pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

robinepowell

[2]May 5, 2007

Two and a half months later, we have the artwork for SEasons 3 & 4.

:

At Last: Cover Art For 3rd & 4th Seasons! - 9:48 AM 5/05/2007 It took a long time, but we've finally gotten ahold of the cover art for the 3rd season set and the 4th season set of "The Cosby Show".  Find out what they look like in the TVShowsOnDVD News! www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7270

You were sent this email because you have expressed interest in having "Cosby Show, The" released on DVD. If you no longer want to receive these emails you may change the setting in your User Options - "Change Account Information". TVShowsOnDVD.com - www.TVShowsOnDVD.com 

homeydaclown

[3]May 11, 2007
    • level: 13
    they look nice and yes, they are "still the greatest"!

robinepowell

[4]May 11, 2007

Here's some more news on Seasons 3 & 4.

:

Clearing Up The Confusion About the 3rd and 4th Season Sets - 6:11 AM 5/11/2007 Feeling confused about upcoming DVD releases of "The Cosby Show - Season 3" and "Season 4"?  Don't feel alone if you are; several readers have been curious about whether this is one package or two.  Or if the episodes are the original broadcast versions, or the syndicated cuts.  Get the answers to this in the TVShowsOnDVD News! www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7306

You were sent this email because you have expressed interest in having "Cosby Show, The" released on DVD. If you no longer want to receive these emails you may change the setting in your User Options - "Change Account Information".
    TVShowsOnDVD.com - www.TVShowsOnDVD.com 

carnival19

[5]Jun 12, 2007
    • level: 14
    I just got seasons 3 & 4 yesterday, the packaging is cheap, a few pics in the back, no special features. The side of the box is awful. Besides only 3 disc on each season that means 8 episode per disc.........image and sound must be pretty bad for a DVD. I'm not impressed by it.

p4poetic

[6]Jun 23, 2007
    • level: 9
    carnival19 wrote:
    I just got seasons 3 & 4 yesterday, the packaging is cheap, a few pics in the back, no special features. The side of the box is awful. Besides only 3 disc on each season that means 8 episode per disc.........image and sound must be pretty bad for a DVD. I'm not impressed by it.

That is so very disappointing.
    Especially for such a good show.

TheHitDog

[7]Jun 29, 2007
    • level: 1

carnival19 wrote:

As you probably know by now, the show is, at least, uncut. This does make it better then any of the syndicated versions.

carnival19

[8]Jul 2, 2007
    TheHitDog wrote:

carnival19 wrote:

As you probably know by now, the show is, at least, uncut. This does make it better then any of the syndicated versions.

Yes all the shows are complete and uncut & that's greatbut the packaging is the worst I've ever seen for a TV show. I would've understand if The Cosby Show would've been an marginal show, but it was the biggest sit-com of the 80s, it deserve a better treatement than what they put on season 3 & 4. No special features, no interviews, nothing......First Look Home Entertainment has done a poor job.

TheHitDog

[9]Jul 10, 2007
    • level: 1
    carnival19 wrote:
    TheHitDog wrote:

carnival19 wrote:

Yes all the shows are complete and uncut & that's greatbut the packaging is the worst I've ever seen for a TV show. I would've understand if The Cosby Show would've been an marginal show, but it was the biggest sit-com of the 80s, it deserve a better treatement than what they put on season 3 & 4. No special features, no interviews, nothing......First Look Home Entertainment has done a poor job.

The lack of extras was really disappointing but the one thing I hated the most was the lack of a "Play All" feature like in seasons one and two. I liked how I just pressed play all and I could sit back, relax and watch the 8 episodes on the disc.

1princess

[10]Jul 13, 2007
    • level: 9

Yayy!! finally.

Anyone know what happened to Season 2on DVD?

I already have season 1.

RCC2K5

[11]Jul 17, 2007
    • level: 18

I agree with TheHitDog. I missed being able to play all episodes in sucession without further interaction.

It is possible to begin playing the next episode by pressing the Next Track button while the credits were playing, but that's not an intuitive way to play all episodes.

I was also kind of expecting bloopers like they did on the Seaon 2 set, but oh well...

carnival19

[12]Jul 17, 2007
    1princess wrote:

Yayy!! finally.

Anyone know what happened to Season 2on DVD?

I already have season 1.

It's still available at Amazon.com.

dvdcollector613

[13]Aug 24, 2007
    • level: 2
    to me packaging is least important. i don't care too much if the packaging (of course it must be decent) but i like what firstlook did with the actual episodes themselves. the quality isn't super but it's good. the episodes are in airdate order not production order (or whatever urbanworks did???) and we know they will probably be uncut (or at least everything so far has been) the packaging and special features were much better with urbanworks but i was much more disappointed with them (plus i didn't like how season 1 and 2 looked on the shelf together with different sizes. and plus i love that firstlook releases two at a time at a fair price. tvshowsondvd.com makes it look as if seasons 5 and 6 will be released together as well on november 6th.