The Cosby Show Forums

NBC (ended 1992)

Why was Stanley in this show? Kenny and Rudy makes a better couple.

ToniMontana804

[1]Jul 19, 2006
    • level: 15
    I love Merlin Santana (God rest his soul), but his character as Stanley was an annoying, obnoxious, arrogant kid. A creep like him didn't deserve Rudy. He didn't do much except make Kenny look like a fool in front of Rudy and tries to wreck his relationship with his girlfriend. To me, he basically Rudy's jerk boyfriend, and nothing more. I bet some of you guys probably feel the same way.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ToniMontana804

[3]Jul 20, 2006
    • level: 15
    Yeah, I guess you're right. Kenny was sort of a jerk too, but not all the time. I know deep down inside, he likes Rudy. It's too bad the writers didn't resolve the love triangle between the three in the final episode.

TSRrocks

[4]Aug 5, 2006
    • level: 33
    Yeah I agree...

latiamills

[5]Sep 13, 2006
    • level: 1

I liked the idea of bringing Stanley on to the show.  They were 12/13 when the show ended, there triangle only just began.  They haven't gone to high school or college yet.  Rudy and Kenny represent a friendship.  They are growing up together, and what was "love" as children, changes when you become a teen/pre-teen.  Kenny only really liked Rudy, because she's all he knows, and because of their young "love" for each other.  I think it was great that the writers brought Stanley in.  This happens in real life ALL the time.  Opposite sex best friends always go through this.  The jealousy of some one new coming in and taking their friend's attention and time away from them.  I thought it was very smart of the writers

megashredder

[6]Dec 1, 2006
    • level: 9
    i dont know the stanley guys senned like an improvment for the show and for rudy he was better than kenny he was more sensitive than keeny or (buuud) lol anyway i think i would have done better with rudy seroiusly no jk no lol

BCzar

[7]Jan 3, 2007
    • level: 4
    I think it became obvious that Rudy didn't really regard Kenny (BUD!) as a real romantic partner (well, as romantic as you could get at that age). Stanley was a better fit for her as a boyfriend.

Bbrit1776

[8]Jul 23, 2007
    • level: 9
    Stanley was in the show was because they had an episode where Stanley was dyslixa like Theo thats why he was in it. So I am assuming that the crew and the audience liked him and keeped him on the show.