The Cosby Show

Pilot

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Sep 20, 1984 on NBC

• Loved the entire show....but there was room to be better

The house looks like the house from Gimme A Break....only thing that was confusing after watching again was why Claire asked why they had 4 children....LOVED IT!!!! I loved the talk that Cliff and Theo had. My room used to look like Theo's. I love how Theo throughout continued on with statements about Cliff & Claire's occupations and how it's sometimes hard for the kids to live up to their expectations. Did not like when they called Theo 'Teddy.' Denise's makeup was ridiculous....just like her outfit. I think that the Huxtable parents should have thought of a having a larger bed before inviting Rudy & Vanessa into bed with them.....Glad they kept the show on!
  • I have never laughed so hard

I love how in the begganing how Vanasa gives her older brother a hard time over his grads and the best part is on the way she dose it. She is giving away her brothers grades but at the same time hinting to her mom that she wants a dog. A little of topic but I have to ask why is it that little kids want a dog but any way the mom ashors her that Theo well end up with a better grade then the last time how ever he still ends up with Ds and he out smarts his dad by pointing out that he can make it on minum wage basicly
  • The answer to why The Cosby Show was so successful is in this episode.

This is probably the best pilot I've seen. Even though not all the details of the show weren't polished yet, the pilot was inviting enough to keep viewers motivated to keep watching.

The scene were Theo talks to Cliff about him being a "regular person" is one of the best I've seen on a TV show. And after you hear what Cliff had to say to his son, you know what this show was going to be all about: a fun yet deep lesson on parenting.

I've seen episodes from the eight seasons of The Cosby Show, and this one is still very close to the top of the list of the best ones.
  • Classic starter to a great show

The Cosby Show started with a bang – and it was classic episodes such as this the pilot that put it to the top of its game.

The pilot episode was a strong start to a successful show, and despite later obvious tweaks to the show (i.e. a different living room, 5 kids instead of four, and Theo no longer being called Teddy) the show never lost steam.

The kids were cute, and the chaos in the initial episode is probably what kept the fans watching. I loved this episode, and still watch it repeatedly whenever it comes on in syndication.
CW