The Cosby Show

NBC (ended 1992)

TrickMeNot

The Cosby Show Fan Reviews page 3 of 4

• Absolutly fabulous!

I love this show! Now one is funnier then the Cosbies! They used to always make me laugh, but I haven't watched thweir show in a while. :D I love the the little girl Raven played. She was so cute and innocent like...I dunno. They are all classics in their own way! It was a fun show to watch, that's for sure!
  • the greatest old school show ever they should make a reunion

Awesome tv show that was the best old classic show because it was so funny because bill cosby is the king of comedy and they are awesome every episode is just a classic and they were so funny it should still because it was so funny the world in 2 years are going to watch it and say this show is the best i have ever seen
  • A very sucessful male doctor and female lawer go throught their daily life with 5 children. Oh and their black! Power to the people!

Possibly the greatest show of all time!!!!! The first time i saw it I was immeadiately hooked! Now I know every episode by heart! And I still watch it every time! I am definitely getting the Season 1 dvd, who knows what kind of raw feautres and bloopers are in there! Love it with a PASSION!
  • The Cosby Show deals with a devoted couple who live in New York City. The husband, Cliff Huxtable is an OBGYN and loving father/husband. The wife, Clair Hanks Huxtable, is a lawyer and attentive mother/wife. They have 5 children who dont seem to ever leav

The Cosby Show is one of my all-time favorite shows. I have been watching it for many years, and it never gets boring! Each episode from it's fabulous 8-season run (From 1984 to 1992), is funny, unique, and a fine example of devoted actors working hard to make people laugh.
  • The Cosby Show is a classic, and a great one at that!

I have always loved the Cosby Show. Bill Cosby is just hilarious and always has a witty remark to make while usually staying completely serious himself. It's just a great show that had a great cast. A show with a good heart and comedy to match. I always love flipping on the TV and sitting down to watch it and I don't recall me ever disliking a single episode. A show that, more or less, displayed the life of a normal family and their struggles as such. The show, I always found to be "lite" and entertaining but most of all ... HILARIOUS!
  • This show is truly a classic. The best show of all time!

This show is the best. It is so funny. Each person gives their charater life. This show gave African Americans a better name. This is my favorite show. I'll never stop watching it. It healing for the soul. Bill Cosby is a very funny man. He is one of the pioneers of comedy. His shows had a lot of stars in it during its time. I love this show.
  • The Show Is Ancient.

0.0
    When you get to the beginning of the show, it is very old. Then you have half the cast dancing around in the opening music. Very odd. I don't think anybody has done anything else like it.

I can't say anything about A Different World, since nobody's bothered to show it on TV. I think they should since I would like to watch it.

Theo is a big jerk that eats everything. And would name a friend Cockroack?!

And Olivia is about the only good character on the show but the whole story behind that is horrible.

Her parents are divorced. One in college, and one in the navy. They both decide that Olivia should stay with the Dad. Big Mistake, since he's in the Navy, which is no way to raise a kid.

The show may be fictional, but Olivia ended up being raised by Dr. Huxtable, and then went to Indonesia or the Phillipenes, or wherever. That would be horrible for any kid. The parents are either gone a lot, or the kid is never home either.

The show is another one that is one way too much.

And Even though Denise is in college, she is taken off the opening cast. Maybe she doesn't want to dance around like everyone else in the openings, but she is still making appearances in the seasons that she is starring in A Different World.

One good thing about the show is that there are several dream episodes. Most of them are okay.
  • I literally grew up with this show!!!

The Cosby Show debuted in 1984 when I was just two years old. Every thursday was like a family reunion, I wanted Rudy to be my sister :) This show showed that African-Americans can be diverse and that married couples can wear many hats inside of their homes. Mr. Cosby, thank you for one of the best family shows in TV history.
  • A great family show with great humor and lessons.

From a time when TV was more simple and funnier. When I was growing up there were very few shows that I made time for and The Cosby Show was one of them. My parents even chose to watch with me. Bill Cosby is a master and creating humor from his own experiences. The cast seemed well matched to explore those topics in front of a wide audience. Towards the end, after brining in new face the show seemed to get stale, but it was also that I was growing up too. I always love finding old episodes on Nick at Nite.
  • The funniest comedy, that was great for all races, unlike today, but hey. Bill Cosby is the white Jerry Seinfield and Jerry vice-versa. Except Cosby gets a little more street cred. why, because he's Cosby. (Spelling will be corrected soon)

In today’s culture if a sitcom came out with all African American cast, you would expect cliché’s and stereotypes. Here defiantly not the case. Plus it wasn't too kiddy, or too adult plus Cosby made the best TV Dad to date.

The story simple Cliff (obstetrician/gynecologist) and Clair (attorney) Huxtable, have a house of five children, and Cliff (Bill Cosby) is constantly waiting for them to get out. Basically the story isn't complex; it shouldn't be complex anyway. That's what was so good about it you know you have a good sitcom, when you can watch episode 78 and understand it completely. Unlike sitcoms that fail and if you don't watch it from start to end, you will miss out on a lot of "inside" jokes.

The acting, is good, most of all believable you can relate to the whole family. Plus today if the show was made, they would be working at a barbershop or a stereotype place like that. I can't say enough although I have grown older, I still grin from time to time. Its one of those shows I watch on sick days or having a tough time to sleep.

So yeah the show is good, and always will be. Cosby you’re the king of sitcom land.
  • Simply the best

There is not single episode that did not make you laugh, even the later with Raven had its heartfelt moments when she would put one over on Cliff. Every episode is a classic, all the father son moments with Theo. Rudy and Vanessa fighting. Cockroach and Theo growing mustaches. Elton telling Claire about where a woman's place is in the house. The jazz music, Cliff eating. My personal fav is the one where all the men Cliff, Theo, Grandpa and Denise's husband the guy in the navy are all pregnant.
  • Poignant dialogues and comical faces

7.9
    I watched the Cosby Show when I was kid. It got me a first idea of how to raise children: with warmth, firmly and lovingly.
    The Cosby's family represented to me the all-american family (I'm in Germany, so I have no own experience here).Its reassuring way to deal with all the problems a small family can run into was fun to watch, and the hundred faces of Bill Cosby, combined with the calm attitude of his wife just added to my urge to slump on the couch on a daily basis for several years. I'm not much a TV-freak, but whenever I stumble over an episode I stay put and watch. (And as I do remember some of the things that have happened I am reminded of how different my reaction to some plots now is: I relate much more to the side and view of the parents, and I do NOT wish anymore to be Lisa Bonet. (though she is great!)
  • a personal favorite of mine.

i still like to watch this show every now and then. in fact, its one of my comfort shows. meaning, i watch it to escape from the stress of society and the scary events going on in the world. for some reason, this show takes away all my troubles and makes me forget about the world, just for a little bit at least. i dont know why. but this show is great, its funny, and its for the whole family. i dont like it as much as roseanne but its definitely a classic. and of course, a personal favorite of mine.
  • Just a good show.

This was the most popular show in primetime during the 1980's. I thought that Dr. Huxtable was the funniest and most influential of the entire series. His son, Theo, was the second funniest, often because of his lack of responsibility as a child. He once left his room a big mess and thought that it was a fact of life. Then his dad had to set him straight. Later on, he wanted to have some free food so he went over to a luncheon for a college. He sure made a fool of himself then. Overall, the show had never been below #20 during its entire existence. I don't think that there will be another show like it.
  • The best sitcom for it's time on tv.

The Cosby Show was a ground breaking sitcom for it's time on NBC. It was a great show to watch with your whole family. And it was a show that everyone could relate to. Above all Bill Cosby is a comic genius and he really made the show believable and funny.
  • a

Definitely one of my favorites by far. All the shows that are on now are terrible (except for family guy of course). The show is not only humorous but deals with what people face in everyday life. even though it is off the air I try to watch it as much as possible. It inspired many african american shows, and it is just fabulous. Including its spin off a different world which is not quite as good, but still bettter than most shows.So, overall all i have to say is what ever you do, Watch this show!
  • Best Show

The Cosby Show is the best show ever that was aired in the 80\'s. The Cosby Show has alot of funny characters, and very funny lines. and plus some of my favorite actors/actress are in it such as Malcom Jamal Warner and Raven Symone. Also, I\'m very happy that the Cosby Show aired for a long time because everyone who really really loves the show gets to see all of the episodes if they don\'t want to keep on watching the same episodes. Thats why I love me some Cosby Show because of the Comedy in it and the acting in it.
  • The Cosby Show is a definate classic in television history. I recently bought the DVD of the 1st season and appreciate the lessons learned in each episode much more now i did back then. I still remember the lesson, from the D's Theo brought home. Great Sh

I recently bought the DVD of the 1st season and appreciate the lessons learned in each episode much more now i did back then. I still remember the lesson, from the D's Theo brought home to Vanessa and Rudy lying to their parents. I always kind of wished Cliff & Claire were my mom & dad. Regardless, I can still get that feeling by watching the DVD again & again. Yay Huxtables!
  • Bill cosby is one of favorite actors/comdiean. he knows how to make you laugh when you are mad at the world. this show is great. everyone is awesome. everyone is funny. i really love the show

the cosby show is one of my favorite show. i really love this show. i watch mostly everyday. bill cosby is soo funny. he write good story lines. i wish it didnt get cancel but sometimes everything has to come to an end. this is truly a classic show. watch it
  • great show no questions asked

great show, iam proud of this show, has a great cast, fine mother in the mix, and bill cosby is a great comedian in the clean way not like eddy murphy or richard priyor, who i like very much, but bill cosby takes comedy in a clean way and there's nothing wrong with that. i even got the dvd to the first season episodes, recomend people to pick that up.
  • The show that revived the sitcom in the 80s! One of the best sitcoms ever, The Cosby Show revolved around Cliff and Claire Huxtable and their family.

I can watch this show over and over again and never get tired of it. This is classic comedy! This is one family that showed real love and respect for one another, something that doesn't happen too often in television shows these days. This is an excellent show that isn't dated and will never grow old.
  • This is the best!

This has to be the best ever,; a loving family, showing unconditional love, with great warmth and compasion, the couple stil wild about each other, the kids being normal kids but stil caring for eaach other, the situtions so real. This show has everything. The kind of people you'd want to invite into your living room.
  • It's just great

The Cosby Show is an eye opener for the whole world, it tells that a family should be loving and also have a understanding in a way that it connects to everyone. This show proved that an african american family can be sucessful, intelligent, and facetious at time and still maintain a strict perspective on life and the true meanings of life. For these reason I would like to personally thank the actors who on The Cosby Show hasn't got enough credit that is superb. To the tough one I love your portrayal of Clair Huxtable and I Horon you, you make my day when I see the strenght that a black woman can have. I wish one day to be that strong, intelligent, and fun-loving woman. As a cast together The Cosby Show has touched the life of many and will for many more generations to come. "The Cosby Show" Season 1 in stores now! Go Get it!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Superb

The Cosby Show was very good. I enjoyed the fact that the characters seemed very much like a loving family. One of the all-time classics.

Writing: Superb. The characters were funny, and usually realistic. The Huxtables were wise, but with just enough foibles to make them seem human. Even the unrealistic scenarios are often things real parents wish they were creative enough to think of. (Of course, every once in a while, they\'d throw in a pure fantasy, like the pregnant men, but these were usually clearly labeled as such and were funny enough to justify their existence)

Acting: Good. The actors seemed to be their characters, and the onscreen chemistry between the Huxtables was apparent.

Direction: Good. Usually well-timed. Pacing could flag when characters recalled important historical events, but the actors were usually successful in conveying their importance.

Racial issues: The lead family was black, but their blackness was never emphasized. Instead, they chose a more subtle way of representing the culture, in order to reflect universal situations rather than stereotypes. The best thing is that the family had several friends from various ethnic backgrounds, and this never once became an issue.
  • Great show for any decade.

The Cosby Show was a great show which also portrayed African Americans in a different light. The show has not so much of a dramatic element, but it is still very funny. There is not really a particular order that each show goes through, it’s very unpredictable. It portrayed Doctor Heathcliff Huxtable (I Know, Heathcliff?) played by Bill Cosby and his family. There was his wife Clair, and their good but sometimes menacing children Sondra, Denise, Theo, Vanessa, and Rudy. Later on other characters like Elvin, Martin, Olivia, and Pam are introduced, and occasionally the grandparents. One thing I do like a lot is unlike Home Improvement’s Jill Taylor, Clair is a hell of a lot more understanding of Cliff. Most stories revolved around some situation with the children, they probably did something stupid, and Cliff and Clair try to deal with it or have to just accept it, like when Denise married Martin. It’s an overall great show, only a few problems. One is the family style, I like it, but unfortunately it seems that these days people appreciate a more dysfunctional family, like the Taylors of Home Improvement, this also comes into play that Cliff and Clair hardly ever argue very harshly with each other. The only other problem is that something what they wear or how they look, mainly Denise and sometimes Vanessa are just too stupid and ridiculous. It’s a great show, no matter how old it seems, and I hope reruns last for a long time. It ran for 8 seasons, and was one of the best family shows ever. You will probably, especially with Bill Cosby, laugh a lot.
  • A True Classic!

Just the other day, I was browsing through the sales paper and stumbled across the advertisement for the complete first season of the ground-breaking television hit sitcom, "The Cosby Show." I was just as shocked as other fans of the series. The series finally made it onto DVD format. Although the show is a staple on Nick-at-Nite's line-up, it would be just as welcomed into the homes of fans everywhere whom still can't get enough of the 'Cos'.

I am definitely looking forward to adding this classic series to my already growing DVD collection in the future.
  • The Cosby show is about a family of five the mom is a lawyer and the dad is a gynecologist and they tackle their families problems with a comical twist

The Cosby show is amazing and the facts I learned makes the show even better and here are some facts about the Cosby show they started in the year 1984 and they ended in 1992 and it was all laughs the hole way from the beginning of the sires where we first met them going to the local community center and Theo their only son graduating form college and the good old doctor final figuring out how to fix that door bell that was never quite write. When I first saw the Cosby show I knew I was watching a good show and I knew it from all the laughs and the facts they were first rejected by the major networks (ABC and CBS) NBC did the write thing bay taking the risk of a black family and they did the write thing because they had 20,000 viewers every Thursday making it the place to be says the article the hole entire series they were in they top 20 shows to watch and the number one show for 5 continues years and you know its good because when your look in for something to watch the Cosby show is always their for a laugh.
  • Cliff is a doctor, Claire is a lawyer, they have 4 girls and a boy. No matter how old their kids get they never seem to leave, so the house is always crowded and noisy.

This show is good wholesome fun. It's not laugh out loud funny but its also not boring. Bill Cosby definitely carries the cast and show and is truly the only reason to watch. Of course they also have the cute little kid, first it was Keshia Knight-Pulliam and when she grew up it was Raven Symone. The interactions between cosby and the little kids are definitely the highlights of the show. Definitely the classic family sitcom.
  • One of the best classics

The Cosby Show is a show my parents used to watch, and it still comes on today! It shows the value of family and friends, and taking in new members of the family. My favorite new member was Olivia Kendall, played by Raven-Symone, who is now a great actress and singer. She acted very well for her age and that is how her major carrer started. The Cosby Show had an effect on that.
    The Cosby Show is funny, but not the dirty funny. I think now a days, people are entertained by "TV-14" Funny, but in this show, you can be entertained by "Family" Funny.
  • Its a funny show.

I enjoy watching this because it has everything. Its funny it has all kinds of situations. Its one of the best shows on nick @ nite next to The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air of course. Its also one of those shows where the family can sit around and watch and enjoy it too.
1 2 3 4