The Cosby Show

NBC (ended 1992)

The Cosby Show Fan Reviews (109)

• The Show Is Ancient.

When you get to the beginning of the show, it is very old. Then you have half the cast dancing around in the opening music. Very odd. I don't think anybody has done anything else like it.

I can't say anything about A Different World, since nobody's bothered to show it on TV. I think they should since I would like to watch it.

Theo is a big jerk that eats everything. And would name a friend Cockroack?!

And Olivia is about the only good character on the show but the whole story behind that is horrible.

Her parents are divorced. One in college, and one in the navy. They both decide that Olivia should stay with the Dad. Big Mistake, since he's in the Navy, which is no way to raise a kid.

The show may be fictional, but Olivia ended up being raised by Dr. Huxtable, and then went to Indonesia or the Phillipenes, or wherever. That would be horrible for any kid. The parents are either gone a lot, or the kid is never home either.

The show is another one that is one way too much.

And Even though Denise is in college, she is taken off the opening cast. Maybe she doesn't want to dance around like everyone else in the openings, but she is still making appearances in the seasons that she is starring in A Different World.

One good thing about the show is that there are several dream episodes. Most of them are okay.
  • Cliff is a doctor, Claire is a lawyer, they have 4 girls and a boy. No matter how old their kids get they never seem to leave, so the house is always crowded and noisy.

This show is good wholesome fun. It's not laugh out loud funny but its also not boring. Bill Cosby definitely carries the cast and show and is truly the only reason to watch. Of course they also have the cute little kid, first it was Keshia Knight-Pulliam and when she grew up it was Raven Symone. The interactions between cosby and the little kids are definitely the highlights of the show. Definitely the classic family sitcom.
  • ok

its not that i dont like the cosby show its just that it was cancelled already and there are new comedy family tv shows on now. i usually watch this show when no other good tv shows are on.
    it is kinda funny. and besides all the characters are changed since the cosby show has changed and all the rumors about bill cosby and that raven symoe has her own tv show now.
  • bill cosby is a father of a crazy family. this show basicly is about what happens. mostly comedy some serious stuff, but not alot.

bill cosby, in any show he's great. so him in this brings music to my ears ♥. i ♥ this show because it's just plain funny at times and it's cool to sit there and watch kids grow up all from a TV screen. my favorite character is bill himself.
  • This comedy started out great, but became less so over time.

I'm debating whether or not to buy the first season. I think I will buy the first few boxed sets because the family's adventures and storylines during the first few seasons were brilliant. I enjoyed the Cosby show a lot when Rudy was little. Sure, the show was phony, but it was entertaining nonetheless.

However, as is typical with children who grow up on a show, another little one has to be cast in order to keep the show going and keep the audience entertained by a cute little child. By then, it just got too chaotic and got kind of cheesy in certain scenes. The Cosby Show went on for too long, and too much was done with too many characters to keep it going as long as it did.
  • Not bad!

I have always loved the music played during the show. I think the use of jazz and blues throughout the show has done a lot for those genres of music and opened up the viewing audience to other tastes of music they may not otherwise have been open to listen to. I think it is important for television to cross into other fields so that viewers are aware of styles besides pop and rap. As a result of the show, I have been on the prowl to locate some of this music or the artists that performed it. I am a growing fan of jazz and blues and would like to add to my collection. Does anyone happen to know where can I find the music played throughout the show? Not the theme music, but the actual jazz and blues played during each episode.
  • Thursday nights in elementary school...takes me back!

We watched this show in our house every Thursday night at 8 p.m. and everyone at school talked about it the next day. This was funny, endearing, and warm family comedy back when television was not the dung pile it is today.

Cliff and Claire reminded me a lot of my own parents, and I loved how they looked after five kids without losing their sense of humor, nor their time for one another first. They were both professionals with all these little subplots happening with their kids, but they always found time and energy to do it - rock on!
  • Lets Have The Cosby Show Back

Heathcliff Huxtable is a maternity doctor, While his wife Clair Huxtable is a Lawyer. They have 5 children Sondra, Denise, Theo, Vanessa and Rudy. This show shows the different problems growing up. During the middle of the 1991 series, Lisa Bonet (Denise) made an attempt at her own prime time series "Denise." However, it lacked popularity and was dropped after only 4 episodes which was a real shame.

Surely I am not the only person who tunned into this on a Saturday afternoon and would shush everyone who dared to speak during it.

I love Bill Cosby, he doesn't have to say a word, the faces he pulled made me laugh so loudly.

A classic I say, a really classic.
  • This show was alright but a bit too fake.

This show was cool some jokes were laugh out loud funny. But unrealistic on some things and kinda cheesy at times.

But some things were funny like the family was the "real world" for theo. But they have some really good actors like claire and cliff. And I really enjoyed the ongoing joke of claire always trying to get cliff to eat right but he was alwyas sneeking cake and put paper towels in it and he always snuck hogeys.
  • Poignant dialogues and comical faces

I watched the Cosby Show when I was kid. It got me a first idea of how to raise children: with warmth, firmly and lovingly.
    The Cosby's family represented to me the all-american family (I'm in Germany, so I have no own experience here).Its reassuring way to deal with all the problems a small family can run into was fun to watch, and the hundred faces of Bill Cosby, combined with the calm attitude of his wife just added to my urge to slump on the couch on a daily basis for several years. I'm not much a TV-freak, but whenever I stumble over an episode I stay put and watch. (And as I do remember some of the things that have happened I am reminded of how different my reaction to some plots now is: I relate much more to the side and view of the parents, and I do NOT wish anymore to be Lisa Bonet. (though she is great!)

Cosby was a wise family man who raised his family well. Everyone possessed a trait from him... witty, wise, laidback, stylish, and genuine to their role playing. My favorite scenes were when Bill spent time with his kids parenting (this is where I learned) and how much he loved his wife. His jokes were out of this world, but always had an intellectual standpoint supporting his thoughts. They don't make tv like this 90's classic anymore. I Love the Cosby Show! It's a legendary show hands down.
  • a really good sitcom that showed us alot of things.

the cosby show if you dont know it then you must be from another planet .it features a black family were one is a docotor and the other is a lawer both well successful parents and they have a older son and daughters . they go through things like any other family does but there is always a lesson to be learned and it always ends happy most of the time. and there was alot of good unforgetable moments and hilorious ones too. this show was a big hit and i watched all the time and enjoyed it that is why i gave it a 8
  • A Sitcom show casing the exciting Haxteble Family who had two carreer parents and thier five Kids.

It has Been called by many oe of the greatest sitcoms of all time ad I do Agree with them. The show did not resort to black stereotypes, in my own opinion it gave black poeple an incetive to strive for better things in life it fought againest objectifying of women and it showed that families can have fun with each other, however all these positive points were also some of its negetives. The show was admirably pro feminist but it sought of over did its support as almost always it started to show man messing up things and women always fixing them which painted to me a picture of women dont need man for anything but man do need women as they will crumble in thier own mess. It showed the great achievemets of hard work but at the same time made light of the effects of racism had in the black community. Finally i think it concentrated too much effort on potraying the kids as well displined and inteligent that it made light of certain problems that teens face in thier sociall lives. Overall it was a great show gave a great platform to a lot of African American tallent in show biz and helped bridge race relations.
  • A pretty good show

I get to watch this show mostly on weekends and holidays and stuff. I hink some of the chracters were annoying in the show. I like Bill Cosbey I think his pretty funny. So as I like Bill Cosbey I like this show. I think they should bring back the show!
  • Its a funny show.

I enjoy watching this because it has everything. Its funny it has all kinds of situations. Its one of the best shows on nick @ nite next to The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air of course. Its also one of those shows where the family can sit around and watch and enjoy it too.
  • This was a great family show.

The Cosby Show was a great family show. Every week people could count on Bill Cosby to make them laugh no matter what the problem on the show was, or what the problem the people were going through in real life that watched. My personal favorite however was Claire, the attorney wife of Cliff, and mother of his children. She was hysterical because she would always use her lawyer talk at the house. She could often be heard saying to Cliff "let the record show..." Poor Cliff, he knew that when she went into lawyer mode she would win. Of the five children Rudy was my favorite, especially when she was younger.
  • The Cosby show more satisfing for kids to.

The Cosby Show is one of these funny Comedy shows of every season. This is a show that kids will like to. It's also a very decent Family show to me just like the Characters really improved their skills very well that it can make me sit well. My mom dosen't really watch this show very much. The only show she watch all the time is Girlfreinds or Charmed. I only watch shows with kids in it. I also know about this show use to come on at Nick@Night but it comes on something eles now like tbs or something because George Lopez and Home Improvement come on that time that get's it in the way, so they band that show from coming on Nick@Night and it probably only comes on a few times on tbs and I still like this show because it's funny and very decent Dramantic.
  • Great show!

This is a very popular show. It crosses boundaries. Everyone loves it. OK, that is a great exaggeration, but many people like it. I love the messages it teaches. Bill Cosby is hilarious. He works well with children. I love how he never wants his children to return home, but welcomes them with open arms. It gives the message that parents are waiting for the day when they are alone, but will always lend a helping hand when their children need it.
    This is a very good family show. They don't make shows like this anymore. They try. Bill Cosby even tried. This show is special.
  • Great show until the end.

The Cosby Show was a great show just about everybody was funny esspecially Kenny and Dr. cliff huxtable.As people got older the show still stayed funny.And when Sondra and Denise got married Elvin and Martin were good aditions. Later in the show came olivia (Raven Symone) who was hilarious.Espeacily for her age.But then a bunch of people said this is the perfect family.In my opinion I have nothing against that.Because of those of people who thought they were the perfect family they had to bring the untalented Cousin Pam.She was not at all funny and because of her the The Cosby Show Jumped the shark and ended.Bottom line The Cosby Show was good until the last season.
  • A classic funny African American family sitcom

When I first watched this show I liked how Bill cosby was funny but at the same time firm when he was giving his life experiances to his kids when they get in trouble.
    I like the shows humor and how cosby deals with situations when they arise in his home.It is a great show when it comes down to a traditional family sitcom.
    It is still a good show even still today despite that its 16 years old and still has a lot of spunk in it.
    It does have its flaws though but other than that its a well rounded show.
  • Through most of the series I was kept laughing.

The Cosby show came at time when laughing was in vogue. Personally, I enjoyed that I was watching a show about a family where although race was brought in through cultural means it wasn’t the focus of the show. I know the show got a lot of flack for that and in some ways it may have been warranted, but that doesn’t mean I enjoyed it any less.

Of course for me the loving relationship between the Huxtable parents was key to understanding how they related to their kids. I also liked when it was discovered that Theo was dyslexic as I liked that his confidence increased as he realized he wasn’t the stupid kid he had felt he was. And the grandparents – more fine acting from spectacular performers.

I guess with the exception of the last 2 seasons, I really enjoyed the show and cherish the place it has in my youth.
  • A real classic of my childhood

I grew watching the members of Huxtable family living, making mistakes and learning lessons from parents and grandparents. My childhood was characterized by this family, and its members. The father, Cliff, with its bad habits (cooking with his strange recipes and unusual ingredients, his obstinacy in sport or musical subjects) but also his wisdom and foresight about his kids' problems. The mother, Clair, and her ability to "frame" Cliff every time he does something stupid. The older son, Theo, and how he never wanted to study.
    Rudy and her little friends who always managed to cause some trouble. Vanessa and her shopping addiction. I always thought of this family as an ideal to achieve! This show is a real classic to me, i'll never get tired watching it over and over again!
  • Just "The Cosby Show"

Need to say more? No, I don't, cause everybody's seen this.
    The typical family show from the 80s.
    The only thing I didn't like of this show (and all those of that time) is that they used to put some kind of a message in most episodes, as if we had to learn some kind of lesson in every "story" they (or we) lived.
    But, in the end, it's The Cosby Show, a classic and a landmark in television history.
  • The Cosby Show was one of those fantastic sitcoms that will stick with us from the 80's...

The Cosby Show was deffinately one of the best sitcoms ever produced...the whole basis of the show could be summed up in one word..."family." The Cosby Show delivered positive family television throughout its reign...there was never an episode that I felt embarrassed to watch! Also, something that you don't usually find in sitcoms now-a-days, is a lesson that can be taught, yet at the same time you can easily be entertained without the episode becoming too monotone. As well as all of that, the show simply gave you a memorable laugh! Rarely did the show become too serious or boring, but at the same time, it always gave a serious feel at the right time when needed. This show was by far one of the best sitcoms in TV will always be one of my favorites!
  • The Cosby Show is one of the best family citcoms ever!

The Cosbys for me was my second family, and they made me laugh and learn about africa calture. The Cosby Show is one of the best family citcoms ever! Each episode gives us family values, laughs, lessons to be learn, and more. The enitire show should you life and growing up. I love the Cosby Show and continue to watch re-runs for years and years.
  • Great show that was really funny.

Ah, what can I say? I love the Cosby Show!
    The whole family really starts to grow on you after awhile, and I always loved it when Cliff (Bill) would go off into one of his totally random stores. Those were always histarical.
    It was so fun to watch the family grow and change and get through hard times and good times.
    I suppose it was rather unrealistic, but that's okay sometimes, because if you're watching T.V. and trying to rid your mind of an arguement you've just had with a family member, do you really want to watch a family that's in just as much crap as you are at the moment? Or fantasize "i wish things could be this way" and just for awhile, get your mind off the argument? I'd try to get my mind off it.
    Honestly, if you want to watch the rough, ragged, straightout reality, go watch Roseanne or something.
    Anyway, I love it at 10:30(Central Time) at night when "Cosby" and "That's So Raven" are on at the same time on different channels, because then, if it's a later episode of Cosby, I can flip back and forth and make Raven grow up in five seconds. She was such a cute little kid!
    This show was a really good one, and definently deserves the label of "Classic!"
    Overall show grade:A-
  • This show is a PERFECT family show. And the reason why this show's so great Bill Cosby.

This show is a PERFECT family show. And the reason why this show's so great Bill Cosby. OK the Cosby show is one the few 80's show that's still on DVD. This show ROCKS! I actually discovered this show on DVD and my brother got it for Easter and when i first watched it i loved it. Also i think this is the first black cast for a show. and yet it's funny. The only 80 show that's better than this is the Jeffersons that's a good show. The reason why it's not a 10 is because there have been some boring episodes but i can get over that.

• Still Love It!

The Cosby Show premiered on September 20, 1984. I was not even two years old at the time, but the show became an important part of my growing up. Cliff, Claire, Sondra, Denise, Theo, Vanessa, and Rudy all felt as if they were a part of my own family. This has to be one of the greatest family sitcoms ever made if not the greatest. As a child I did not realize the significance of the characters until years later. But now when I watch this show it makes me happy to realize that this was one of the first shows to show an African-American family that was living in comfort and that had great careers and educations. These characters were not ignorant or struggling for the basic things in life and that was a great inspiration for all of the young African-American families out there. I should know my family was one of them. Every episode was wonderfully entertaining and funny. You couldn't help but laugh out loud at the things that the kids would get into. It's been over 20 years since the show first premiered but The Cosby Show is still a part of so many people's lives today; and probably will be for many years to come.
  • Great show.

I think this was a trendsetter of a show. It really was great and also very much a unique and original show. The comedy was great, the acting was good, and the storylines were also great. I liked the characters and the plots of the show. Bill Cosby is a great actor and he made the show great with his character. The best parts of the show had to be any time where they would show the family values and also the real conflicts within a family. Overall, this was one great show and also was very entertaining and fun to watch. Thank you.
  • funny...

The Cosby Show is halarious. It's one of my favorite funny families on tv and it's great. Cliff is halarious, played by Bill Cosby. The story lines are great, entertaining, and, of course, funny. I especially remember the one where the men were pregnant and several other great ones. I love how Cliff always tries to teach his kids lessons. I also love how Cliff is just like a little kid. He's so funny. Overall, great classic funny show and a must see. The stories and the characters are great and halarious and this is a great comedy for all ages.
< 1 2 3 4