The Cosby Show

NBC (ended 1992)

TrickMeNot

The Cosby Show Fan Reviews (109)

• The perfect family show.

There was no flaw with this show whatsoever. I just hate how some people may say it's not realistic because "A black family can't be rich with a successful family." Well those people who think that are completely wrong and ignorant. It's good to see a show that has the "picture perfect family." To be honest, instead of people complaining about it, they should look at the show as an example of a great loving family that I'm pretty sure everyone wish they had (or may already have) no matter what race.
  • One of the best shows ever on television!

The Cosby shows is a true classic. One of the best shows ever on television. Not only is the show funny, but it really depicts the beauty that a love family is. The characters are wonderfully written and based off of Bill Cosby's stand up comedy, which is why it rings so true. Most of the show takes place in the Cosby family's home and yet it never seems claustrophobic. Since the show deals with pretty universal ideas of love and family it has really stood the test of time. I really suggest re-watching it if you were around the first time or trying it out if you were too young to see it.
  • Awesome show about the Huxtable family!!!

One of the best shows ever created! Bill Cosby is a genius and his comedic timing is so perfect. Even the comedic timing of Raven was so on point for such a young child. It was so nice to see a successful black family being portrayed on tv that didn't just appeal to one race. And I just remember growing up wanting to be like phylicia rashad because she was a strong black woman on tv and off!!
  • A show about a middle class family African-American family living in Brooklyn New York. The father is a doctor and the mother is a lawyer. They have five children--Sondra, Denise, Theo, Vanessa, and Rudy. This show is a classic in it's own right. Very pop

I love the Cosby Show. I could watch a marathon of the Cosby Show all day long and not be bored of this show. I've seen every single espoidoe and still watch it to this day. It showed a portrayed a positive image of African Americans during that time. That we are educated and successful.
  • The Cosby Show is my favorite sitcom out there.

I'm not sure if it is the funniest show that I watch. I'm not sure if it has the best plot of a sitcom. But it is the most watchable of any sitcom, and thats what I love about it. There is no episode that I'd say "I'm sick of it", and every sitcom I like has 1 or 2 of those.

Now the Pam/Safe Sex episode disturbs me, and never watch it which docked this grade from a 10, but still a great show. Bill Cosby is hilarious and has great moments every other episode. In some starts of the season, they started with a "Parents are ultra pissed at their kids for horrible decisions". Like Denise dropping out of college, or Denis marrying Martin. But my favorite is when Elvin and Sondra decide to open a Wilderness store. Another favorite is the pregnant men. This is a great show and it gets a Red Giant rating of a 9.8 out of 10.
  • This show is a PERFECT family show. And the reason why this show's so great Bill Cosby.

This show is a PERFECT family show. And the reason why this show's so great Bill Cosby. OK the Cosby show is one the few 80's show that's still on DVD. This show ROCKS! I actually discovered this show on DVD and my brother got it for Easter and when i first watched it i loved it. Also i think this is the first black cast for a show. and yet it's funny. The only 80 show that's better than this is the Jeffersons that's a good show. The reason why it's not a 10 is because there have been some boring episodes but i can get over that.

• Wow! How I love this show!

What an incredible show! Not to mention the wonderful acting of the cast! Bill Cosby is outstanding and the storylines while heartfelt are always amazingly funny! I laugh out loud each time I watch, even if I have seen the episode ten times! The show demonstrates that families are a great gift and should be honored and enjoyed. The dynamic of the actors and their comedic timing is something that no other family show has been able to capture! This show will always be an all time favorite. Take time to watch this one, it is one that shouldn't be missed!
  • "The Cosby Show" is one of the most influential television sitcoms in history.

In the 1980s, an NBC phenomenon called "The Cosby Show," flooded living rooms across the country. It changed television completely by putting forth the image of a wealthy, intelligent, and highly successful African-American family. In my opinion, it is one of the greatest and most influential sitcoms of all time. It changed many people's perceptions of African-Americans, and made history when one of its stars (Keshia Knight-Pulliam) became the youngest person in history to be nominated for an Emmy; that feat has yet to be matched.

While this series is definitely influential and full of clean, family-friendly humor, it is by far not the funniest sitcom of the 1980s---or ever for that matter; as far as the 1980s goes, "227" was the funniest for me, but what sets The Cosby Show apart is its influence on American culture.
  • Still Love It!

The Cosby Show premiered on September 20, 1984. I was not even two years old at the time, but the show became an important part of my growing up. Cliff, Claire, Sondra, Denise, Theo, Vanessa, and Rudy all felt as if they were a part of my own family. This has to be one of the greatest family sitcoms ever made if not the greatest. As a child I did not realize the significance of the characters until years later. But now when I watch this show it makes me happy to realize that this was one of the first shows to show an African-American family that was living in comfort and that had great careers and educations. These characters were not ignorant or struggling for the basic things in life and that was a great inspiration for all of the young African-American families out there. I should know my family was one of them. Every episode was wonderfully entertaining and funny. You couldn't help but laugh out loud at the things that the kids would get into. It's been over 20 years since the show first premiered but The Cosby Show is still a part of so many people's lives today; and probably will be for many years to come.
  • ABSOLUTELY FUN AND FOR THE FAMILY!

Cosby was a wise family man who raised his family well. Everyone possessed a trait from him... witty, wise, laidback, stylish, and genuine to their role playing. My favorite scenes were when Bill spent time with his kids parenting (this is where I learned) and how much he loved his wife. His jokes were out of this world, but always had an intellectual standpoint supporting his thoughts. They don't make tv like this 90's classic anymore. I Love the Cosby Show! It's a legendary show hands down.
  • A Sitcom show casing the exciting Haxteble Family who had two carreer parents and thier five Kids.

It has Been called by many oe of the greatest sitcoms of all time ad I do Agree with them. The show did not resort to black stereotypes, in my own opinion it gave black poeple an incetive to strive for better things in life it fought againest objectifying of women and it showed that families can have fun with each other, however all these positive points were also some of its negetives. The show was admirably pro feminist but it sought of over did its support as almost always it started to show man messing up things and women always fixing them which painted to me a picture of women dont need man for anything but man do need women as they will crumble in thier own mess. It showed the great achievemets of hard work but at the same time made light of the effects of racism had in the black community. Finally i think it concentrated too much effort on potraying the kids as well displined and inteligent that it made light of certain problems that teens face in thier sociall lives. Overall it was a great show gave a great platform to a lot of African American tallent in show biz and helped bridge race relations.
  • A very sucessful male doctor and female lawer go throught their daily life with 5 children. Oh and their black! Power to the people!

Possibly the greatest show of all time!!!!! The first time i saw it I was immeadiately hooked! Now I know every episode by heart! And I still watch it every time! I am definitely getting the Season 1 dvd, who knows what kind of raw feautres and bloopers are in there! Love it with a PASSION!
  • This show is about an African-American gynocologist who has a wife that is an attorney at law. Together, they raise 5 children in Brooklyn, New York. They go through the ups and downs of desperately trying to get rid of their children one by one. Their pl

In my opinion, "The Cosby Show" is the best thing to ever happen to television. The plots are extremely funny and unheard of. The way Bill Cosby delivers his unexpected jokes is incredible. The punch lines are great, and so are the characters. If I were to cast my own situation comedy, I'd probably end up stealing this entire idea, because it's so great. I wouldn't have been able to bring sonmething to the table like what Bill Cosby did. I guess just his intelligence and his prescence around the set of "The Cosby Show" is something that the cast members would look forward to every week. I know I would look forward to it. Bill Cosby has such great knowledge about children and their characteristics that cannot go unnoticed. I get very surprised myself sometimes at how much he knows. One of my personal favorites of "The Cosby Show" is episode 185 from season 8, entitled "For Men Only". The reason why I like this episode is because of the plot. Bill Cosby gets a chance to come in contact with the new generation of male teenagers on national televison. They talk
    about "teenagery" (as Mr. Cosby calls it) problems, like being blamed for the Greenhouse Effect/being the "Lost Generation", teen-pregnancy, and seeking an acceptable career field. The jokes from this episode were extremely hilarious. One funny joke is when they are all discussing being teenaged fathers. Just so happens, one of the young boys was already a father of two. One of his friends asked him why he spent his birthday money on new sneakers for himself instead of food or clothes for his kids. Then his friend said "Why don't you get discount Skips?". A nearby friend said "No, not the shoes man!!! Not the shoes!!!". This shows how children these days react toward the material things in life. Overall, I give this show two thumbs up.
  • A very charming family.

Each of the characters in the show are all different and original in their way. Bill cosby always brings comedy to the table in every episode even if its sad. The reruns nick @ nite and the other channels give, I always watch them again because they are so darn funny. This family really works together despite that their's too many of them living in one household. I suggest anyone to see it is very good.
  • The Cosby Show is a classic, and a great one at that!

I have always loved the Cosby Show. Bill Cosby is just hilarious and always has a witty remark to make while usually staying completely serious himself. It's just a great show that had a great cast. A show with a good heart and comedy to match. I always love flipping on the TV and sitting down to watch it and I don't recall me ever disliking a single episode. A show that, more or less, displayed the life of a normal family and their struggles as such. The show, I always found to be "lite" and entertaining but most of all ... HILARIOUS!
  • I love the Cosby Show! It is about the Huxtables. They have a house in New York, New York. You HAVE to watch an episode or two!

I love to watch The Cosby Show anytime i can. I really like to watch it because i think that Bill Cosby (Cliff Huxtable) is pretty funny. On some of the problems Cliff just sits away from the problem and his wife, Clair, just deals with all of the problems. that is really funny to me because he just does not care! Everyday i try to find a channel to watch this show, but if i do not, i just get kind of mad! Another little thing i like about the Cosby Show is the large amount of kids Cliff and Clair, that just makes it a little more interesting.
  • Absolutly fabulous!

I love this show! Now one is funnier then the Cosbies! They used to always make me laugh, but I haven't watched thweir show in a while. :D I love the the little girl Raven played. She was so cute and innocent like...I dunno. They are all classics in their own way! It was a fun show to watch, that's for sure!
  • funny...

The Cosby Show is halarious. It's one of my favorite funny families on tv and it's great. Cliff is halarious, played by Bill Cosby. The story lines are great, entertaining, and, of course, funny. I especially remember the one where the men were pregnant and several other great ones. I love how Cliff always tries to teach his kids lessons. I also love how Cliff is just like a little kid. He's so funny. Overall, great classic funny show and a must see. The stories and the characters are great and halarious and this is a great comedy for all ages.
  • Classic family dynamic!

The Cosby Show was def must-see TV on Thursdays. I miss having such a genuinely funny show to watch each week. There was never any forced moments, or gross scenarios . . .every thing was done with style and humor. Each of the characters, all the children included, contributed to the success of the show. So, it wasn't as if Bill Cosby had to carry it by himself. I loved seeing, and still like watching via reruns, the guest stars that they had on the show. Many of the recurring characters that appeared on the show went on to great success themselves. The show was cosmically blessed!
  • Its about a family of 7 that live in a house in New York and have new experiences everyday, especially the 5 children.

I think this show is awezome its one of the best family shows ever, its really realistic and most of the episodes are real life issues and it talks about real things like kids with drugs, or political issues, its a show that talks about anything, it also has a lot of comedy, all of the kids are very funny, but the funniest person on the show will have to be Heatcliff \"Cliff\" Huxtable ( the dad ) or known as Bill Cosby. This show will always be one of the best !
  • Just "The Cosby Show"

Need to say more? No, I don't, cause everybody's seen this.
    The typical family show from the 80s.
    The only thing I didn't like of this show (and all those of that time) is that they used to put some kind of a message in most episodes, as if we had to learn some kind of lesson in every "story" they (or we) lived.
    But, in the end, it's The Cosby Show, a classic and a landmark in television history.
  • A real classic of my childhood

I grew watching the members of Huxtable family living, making mistakes and learning lessons from parents and grandparents. My childhood was characterized by this family, and its members. The father, Cliff, with its bad habits (cooking with his strange recipes and unusual ingredients, his obstinacy in sport or musical subjects) but also his wisdom and foresight about his kids' problems. The mother, Clair, and her ability to "frame" Cliff every time he does something stupid. The older son, Theo, and how he never wanted to study.
    Rudy and her little friends who always managed to cause some trouble. Vanessa and her shopping addiction. I always thought of this family as an ideal to achieve! This show is a real classic to me, i'll never get tired watching it over and over again!
  • a really good sitcom that showed us alot of things.

the cosby show if you dont know it then you must be from another planet .it features a black family were one is a docotor and the other is a lawer both well successful parents and they have a older son and daughters . they go through things like any other family does but there is always a lesson to be learned and it always ends happy most of the time. and there was alot of good unforgetable moments and hilorious ones too. this show was a big hit and i watched all the time and enjoyed it that is why i gave it a 8
  • Its a funny show.

I enjoy watching this because it has everything. Its funny it has all kinds of situations. Its one of the best shows on nick @ nite next to The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air of course. Its also one of those shows where the family can sit around and watch and enjoy it too.
  • I'm a Cosby kid at heart!

I will love, love, love this show forever and always! Bill Cosby's is my TV Dad & shout out to Youtube for all of the episodes I get to watch!
  • its a classic

This is a classic, remembere this from growing up. The kids in the Cosby family was my heroes. Rudy was the favorite it every saurday i remember. all those memories.
  • Can you do better?

ok all of you complainers make a show as successful as this one please make your own this show was funny cute life changing instead of modren family's vulgar lame not even opinion changing crap i mean its like DUH!
  • I command to bring it back!!!!

I think they should have a reuien eposiod because it would be very intersting to see how the people have change sience the show went off air. It would be very cool. I think that everbody was the best, but Cliff, Theo, Rudy, and Vessa were the ones who made me laugh the most. My favortie eposoid was when all the men got pregent. When they gave birth that was soo funny. I loved what cliff gave birth to. He gave birth to a big sub sandwhich and a 2 litter of orange soda.
  • I Love This Show!

What drew me into this show originally,was the fact that it was the first sitcom that depicted black families in a positive light.They weren't struggling like blacks in other sitcoms. It told black people that they could also have a slice of the good life and that it didn't come without hard work and determination. What kept me was the superb script writing. The situations from week to week varied covering most family issues you don't see in other family shows, such as Vanessa's first bout of puppy love, or the discovery of Theo's learning disability which explained why his grades were so lousy. They dealt with real issues that not only reflected Black Americans, but all Americans. I love this show. It's even a favorite of my 12 yr. old granddaughter. I would love to see a reunion movie of all the characters, and what they and their individual families are doing today.
  • I get asked by lots of people if I agreed with they way The Cosby Show portrayed African-Americans, and I simply smile and say, "of course I do."

To me, The Cosby Show was one of the best shows in creation. Not just for the comedy, but the lessons taught, the music that they listened to, the celebrity guests that appeared on the show (priceless), the history, and also how NATURAL it was. People argue that they were too perfect as an African-American family, but I say if you and your spouse had dual professions, and earned the same living, I'm quite sure you would accept the same family values as the fictious Huxtables did. A wonderful education, work before play, and respect. I must say this is, and always will be, a fabulous CLASSIC sit-com. . . .
< 1 2 3 4