The Cosby Show

NBC (ended 1992)

TrickMeNot

The Cosby Show Fan Reviews (108)

• Still Love It!

The Cosby Show premiered on September 20, 1984. I was not even two years old at the time, but the show became an important part of my growing up. Cliff, Claire, Sondra, Denise, Theo, Vanessa, and Rudy all felt as if they were a part of my own family. This has to be one of the greatest family sitcoms ever made if not the greatest. As a child I did not realize the significance of the characters until years later. But now when I watch this show it makes me happy to realize that this was one of the first shows to show an African-American family that was living in comfort and that had great careers and educations. These characters were not ignorant or struggling for the basic things in life and that was a great inspiration for all of the young African-American families out there. I should know my family was one of them. Every episode was wonderfully entertaining and funny. You couldn't help but laugh out loud at the things that the kids would get into. It's been over 20 years since the show first premiered but The Cosby Show is still a part of so many people's lives today; and probably will be for many years to come.
CW