The Cosby Show

The Day the Spores Landed

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 09, 1989 on NBC

• This is the episode entitled, The Spores Have Landed.

This episode was one of the funniest I had ever seen. I cant wait for season 6 to come out on DVD. I will buy it so I can laugh again and again at the antics of the men in the Huxtable family. Others on the net didnt like it but dont listen to them. Watch it for yourself and you will be laughing out loud almost immediately!
  • One of the most original episodes...

Cliff is already known for delivering babies, but what if he had the baby. What made this episode so funny was the fact that an eruption of a volcano in Peru sent spores into the drinking water and caused men to become pregnant, it makes no sense but that's why it's funny. During the show we see Cliff, Theo, Elvin and Martin trying to act brave through the pain of the contractions and the kicking. Finally it was time to give birth and instead of giving birth to babies, they all gave birth to something they like, or something they wanted. A very funny episode and a real original idea of an episode, it's one of my favorites.
  • Cliff has a dream that a volcano erupts and sends spores into the water and gets men pregnant. He, Martin, Theo, and Elvin all get pregnant as the result . When they go to the hospital, they each give birth to inanimate objects: a sailboat, a car, and a h

I thought this episode was funny, and obviously fictional. This is one of two episodes (both in season 6) that Cliff has bad dreams. This one is result of eating late at night, and so is the other one (Clair mentions this dream to him). It was also funny to see woman coaching their husbands in childbirth.