The Cosby Show

Theo and the Kids (1)

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Apr 25, 1991 on NBC

6.9
  • Opened our eyes to the world of ghetto schools.

This episode of the Cosby Show was on TBS this afternoon and I was fortunate enough to watch it. It was deeply moving. Theo, with his firey red hair and youthful enthusiasm, was just what those kids needed in the harsh world of inner-city schools. God forbid any of my 18 children ever have to live in an environment such as the one depicted in this episode. If they were thrust into such an environment, I could only hope they would have someone as kind and caring as Theo Huxtable come into their lives. At one point in the episode, two young rapscallions left the classroom to use the lavatory and instead partook in a game of basketball! The way Theo handled the situation was very mature and heartwarming. His understanding of the childrens\' hard lives really touched my soul in a way it hasn\'t been touched since my wedding day.

The scenes with Cliff Huxtable fixing the family sink were hilarious! They were just what the doctor ordered for my chronic bronchitis. I was literally banging my head against the wall in laughter. Bill Cosby is a comic genius.

The only bad part of the episode? Not enough Olivia! That little rambunctious youngster keeps me on the edge of my seat.

Oh and there is another thing I didn\'t like: the commercials? ;-)

God Bless Theo Huxtable