The Crocodile Hunter Forums

Discovery Channel (ended 0000)

Good bye Steve Irwin

abby_lover

[1]Sep 5, 2006
    • level: 3
    please just say your good bes hear nothing about thing he has done please got nothing nice say dont post respect the dead
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HannahMontana93

[2]Sep 5, 2006
    • level: 6
    R.I.P thats all i gotta say

Cornwallgirl

[3]Sep 5, 2006
    • level: 5
    I just cant believe it. My thoughts are with his family and may he rest in peace.

tansniper

[4]Sep 5, 2006
    same here..RIP STEVE..you will..be miss...

Lokar

[5]Sep 6, 2006
    • level: 26
    Australia has offered the family a state funeral for him. He was so important to the people there.

RIP Steve

Cornwallgirl

[6]Sep 6, 2006
    Lokar wrote:
    Australia has offered the family a state funeral for him. He was so important to the people there.

RIP Steve

Thats good news i guess.

Sci-fi09

[7]Sep 6, 2006
    • level: 8
    I remember watching him all the time when I was younger.  It's so sad. May he rest in peace.

123home123

[8]Sep 8, 2006
    • level: 55
    Steve-o was a "regular bloke" who somehow managed to connect with people around the world. He was as full of energy, enthusiasm and life as anyone I know of. His passion for conservation and protection of wildlife was genuine and his dedication to his "mission" was sincere. The wildlife warrior from the outback became a great man in his own way. He became a close personal friend to most of his viewers and he provided entertainment, fascination and company for millions of children and adults in dozens of countries.

Though he lived in Australia and journeyed around the world, he seemed to have made a special connection to TV audiences in the U.S. Though he was already popular in Australia, it was the Discovery Channel and Animal Planet that brought him worldwide recognition. Some Australians may have found him to be a tad embarrassing as they may have believed that he reinforced negative attitudes abroad about uncouth Aussies, though the majority of Australians seemed to be proud of his accomplishments.

Americans watched him without that cultural baggage. We could watch the show and take in his childlike fascination with dangerous creatures. We could revel in his absolute passion for wildlife. And we were able to share in his experiences, whether it was his thrilling encounters with crocodiles, king cobras or Komodo dragons, or his many joyous moments with his wife Terri, and later his daughter Bindi. (We didn't have a chance to get to know Bob as he is still too young to communicate with viewers.)

Steve died while filming a sequence for his daughter Bindi's new show for the Discovery Kids network. Discovery has said that the decision about whether to continue with the show is up to Terri and Bindi. They would be more than willing to push ahead. Discovery would probably enjoy seeing at least a little of Steve-o through the sweet and fragile face of Bindi. Here's hoping that Terri and Bindi find the strength to continue on with the conservation and wildlife protection message that Steve promoted, and that Bob may get to know his father through the many Crocodile Hunter episodes and documentaries and from the words of his mother and sister.

The world has suffered a great loss, especially the millions of children around the world who grew up with The Crocodile Hunter. He had enough energy for 20 men and hopefully his spirit will truly live on through the memories of those who knew him and those who watched his exploits on TV. Sad to see you go, mate. Say hello to all the creatures in heaven for us.

OuroborosSnyder

[9]Sep 9, 2006
    • level: 25
    *Starts Crying Again* R.I.P. Steve

DisneyFan91

[10]Apr 11, 2007
    • level: 3

It's such a sad thing that you had to go Steve.  You were great at what you did, and at least your last moments was doing something you loved to do.  RIP Steve and congrats on your show.  Also, say hi to my deceased relatives for me.  Thanks.

PS- I want to become something along the lines of what you did as a career when I grow up.  You influenced me to explore the world and all the lovely creatures in the world.  RIP Steve.  We all loved you.

Hills79

[11]Jul 3, 2007
    • level: 1
    OH MY GOODNESS I COULNDT OF SAID THAT BETTER MYSELF. THANK YOU FOR THAT!!! WE ALL MISS STEVE SO MUCH HE IS AND ALWAYS WILLBE SUCH A STRONG PART OF ANIMAL WELFARE. THERES NO ONE THAT COMES CLOSE TO HIM. I WISH HIS FAMILY THE BEST AND HOPE TO SEE THEM IN THE FUTURE, AS IM SURE THAT IS WHAT HE WOULD WANT THEM TO CARRY OUT HIS LEGACY.
    HILLS CROC LOVER