The Crocodile Hunter Forums

Discovery Channel (ended 0000)

Terri and Bindi at the National Press Club

123home123

[1]Jan 19, 2007
    • level: 55
    Terri and Bindi spoke at a National Press Club luncheon today. I was fortunate enough to attend. Terri is in much better spirits now although she still found it difficult to talk about Steve as a father figure. Beyond that one moment, she was energetic and positive. Bindi is quite the public speaker. She knows how to tell humorous anecdotes like an experienced presenter.

They plan to continue Steve's work at Australia Zoo and carry forth his conservation message worldwide. Bindi's show, "Bindi the Jungle Girl," is delayed but it is still scheduled to air. I think Terri said in September. The original premiere date was January but John Stainton and Terri pushed the date back to avoid the appearance that they were capitalizing on Steve's death.

Terri said that Bob, Steve's father, has taken Steve's death the hardest. Bob lost his wife in a car accident a few years ago and he knew Steve longer than anyone else. Hopefully he will get re-energized by helping to teach Bindi and little Bob about wildlife.

I'm going to post a recap--and some videos I shot--in my blog over the weekend.

I posted the recap in two parts, as follows:

Part 1
    Part 2
    Edited on 01/23/2007 1:39am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.