Series on DVD

angelandspike

[21]Nov 5, 2005
    • level: 66
    That's not to say it won't ever happen. What came to mind was the Angel box set. That's the reason it hasn't been released in the States yet. They're still working out the rights and royalties and all that.

That being said, I maintain that Pressman is an (insert colorful metaphor here) and could keep this from ever happening.

We can wait for you before we discuss anything. I haven't seen the show in so long, I've forgotten a lot of the details. I'm not going to be good for much discussion without some serious spoiler reminders.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rickwj324

[22]Nov 7, 2005
    • level: 2
    I got these in the mail today! Wow that was fast!! I figured it would take a while coming from Australia, but I got it quickly.
    I've popped the first 3 discs in to check them out. From what I can tell, the quality is very good, no extras though as far as I can tell. Very basic menus, with scene selections, episode selection, and language selection. That's pretty much it!
    I probably won't have time to watch them until this weekend.

Rick

sesho2022

[23]Nov 8, 2005
    • level: 47
    Too bad there are no extras, but having the episodes on DVD is still worth it. Did you watch the series before, Rick?

angelandspike

[24]Nov 8, 2005
    I think we're just lucky to get them on DVD. It would be nice to have extras too, though.

rickwj324

[25]Nov 11, 2005
    • level: 2
    Yes I did watch the show (probably saw 75% of them when they first aired). As stated before, I didn't see the end of the show though.

RickWJ324

sesho2022

[26]Nov 18, 2005
    rickwj324 wrote:
    As stated before, I didn't see the end of the show though.

RickWJ324

No one saw the end of the show. They left us with a cliffhanger .

sesho2022

[27]Dec 16, 2005
    rickwj324 wrote:
    I got these in the mail today! Wow that was fast!! I figured it would take a while coming from Australia, but I got it quickly.
    I've popped the first 3 discs in to check them out. From what I can tell, the quality is very good, no extras though as far as I can tell. Very basic menus, with scene selections, episode selection, and language selection. That's pretty much it!
    I probably won't have time to watch them until this weekend.

Rick

Where did you buy Australian DVDs?

meretean

[28]Dec 20, 2005
    • level: 8
    I've shopped with http://www.ezydvd.com.au/ several times and had no problems.

I've had about 14 episodes on Japanese DVD (R2) for years and this year, I got the box set from Belgium, also R2.
    Sadly, no extras.

meretean

[29]Dec 27, 2005
    • level: 8
    angelandspike wrote:
    I was thinking that the reason for not releasing them in the States yet could be the issue of rights. We seem to have problems with that stuff here. It wouldn't be the first show that did. Pressman tends to get a real attitude about these things.

Could be a problem securing rights to the music.

I know Miami Vice which used a lot of music had a problem with that.

Or maybe they are waiting to see the R2 and R4 sales before they start the costly procedure for R1?

I REALLY hope someone saved bloopers and deleted scenes!
    Also, even though the series ended on a cliffhanger, it's there someone in the know who can tell us what the plans were?
    I mean, Robert Hewitt Wolf has told about his plans for the Andromeda finale - why can't someone put us out of the CSTH cliffhanger misery????

angelandspike

[30]Dec 30, 2005
    I think they had that problem with Quantum Leap so they changed some of the music.

I'm sure part of the problem is Pressman. I've been involved in the Crow franchise for a long time now and he's been a real problem when it comes to releasing things involving The Crow. Since he owns the rights, he has to approve what is released. If he doesn't, it won't be released. He also doesn't put much effort into releasing things that the fanbase wants.

I wouldn't look for any extras once this is released here either. It would be nice, but I am unwilling to count on it. We didn't get many extras for the first film and it wasn't because they don't exist. It was an executive decision not to include them.

I know there are people who know what was going to happen with the show. I would love to know what the plan was. I hope they do include that on the DVD release.

sesho2022

[31]Jan 9, 2006
    This was one of the cliffhangers most upsetting to me. I really want to know what happened. It should be illegal to end a show on a cliffhanger!

The music is gorgeous. I just noticed that, again, watching part of an episode. I hope they release the dvds with the original music.

I heard that it's possible to buy dvd players in the US that play all region disks. Then it would be possible to watch the Australian release.

angelandspike

[32]Jan 13, 2006
    Yes, it is. I just found out that my friend has one. If I could afford it, I'd buy a multi-region player and get the series DVDs.

sesho2022

[33]Jan 14, 2006
    angelandspike wrote:
    Yes, it is. I just found out that my friend has one. If I could afford it, I'd buy a multi-region player and get the series DVDs.

I hear they only cost about $60. It would be nice to have. I wonder where you get them.

Any more news about other releases, anyone?

angelandspike

[34]Jan 19, 2006
    I don't know where to get them. I'll have to ask my friend where she got hers. Right now, I can't spare the money for one, though.

sesho2022

[35]Jan 21, 2006
    angelandspike wrote:
    I don't know where to get them. I'll have to ask my friend where she got hers. Right now, I can't spare the money for one, though.

I hear you about the cash. I just started working full-time and don't have the money for extra goodies, right now.

angelandspike

[36]Jan 23, 2006
    Yeah.

You know, it's a good thing there were a couple of threads in this forum or it would have disappeared in the upgrade. That's what happened to the forums that had no threads in them.

sesho2022

[37]Jan 31, 2006
    angelandspike wrote:
    Yeah.

You know, it's a good thing there were a couple of threads in this forum or it would have disappeared in the upgrade. That's what happened to the forums that had no threads in them.

It's true. I wonder if my other show's forums have disappeared. What do I do if they have?

angelandspike

[38]Feb 3, 2006
    I think they've restored all the forums now. If not, I would PM Teivan since he is the one who handled bringing them all back.

sesho2022

[39]Feb 4, 2006
    A&S--The one show with an empty forum seems to be there still. I added a post.

angelandspike

[40]Mar 1, 2006
    I'm sorry I didn't get back here before now. Ok. I guess that was Kung Fu, right?