The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

Matthew Fox

Aired Weekdays 11:00 PM Feb 22, 2006 on Comedy Central

• Jason discusses fatherhood.

Jon starts off the show by getting right into the news about the a foreign company in a country which was involved in the 9/11 attack gaining control over the security at several U.S. ports. This has obviously caused some controversy, even more so when it was revealed that President Bush wasn't aware of it until after the press mentioned it. For more on this, Jon turns to Senior Weighmaster, I.L.A., Rob Corddry, live in Newark, N.J. Rob takes a break from unloading ships to answer some of Jon's questions. Rob concludes that regardless of who has control over the port security, we'll still be in danger.

Back from commercial, Jon introduces another resolutions segment with Jason Jones. Jason's resolution is to become a better father, since he and his wife, Samantha Bee, have had a child. Jason seeked the advice of Julie Ross, but she didn't seem to have much advice to offer, as Jason concentrated more on his emotions for his reports. When the report is over, Jon calls Jason a terrible father, as he didn't seem to be very careful with the handling of his child.

Back from commercial, Jon welcomes tonight's guest, Matthew Fox, from Lost. They have a brief, funny discussion about Matthew Fox's tv series, Lost, which is quite popular.

Tonight's episode was better than I expected it to be. Rob had some good writing for his bit, although I wouldn't say it was one of my favorite bits. The same could be said for Jason Jones' bit about raising his new child. The way the bit ended up going overboard towards the end was great; it became a little ridiculous, but it was still funny. The interview with Matthew Fox was largely a waste of time, a puff piece, frankly. I wish I could have those four or five minutes of my life back.