User Score: 6954
AIRED ON 5/28/2015
Season 20 : Episode 110
AIRS ON 6/1/2015
Season 20 : Episode 111
Former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan.
Tonight's guest is comedian Rob Corddry.
Tonight's guest is news anchor Brian Williams.
Tonight's guest is Olympian Misty May-Treanor.
Tonight's guest is actor Robert Pattinson.
The Supreme Court rules on the Arizona immigration law, Mitt Romney hosts a retreat for big donors in Utah, and Marco Rubio shares lessons from his two years in the Senate.
Author Parmy Olson discusses her new book "We Are Anonymous: Inside the Hacker World of LulzSec, Anonymous, and the Global Cyber Insurgency."
Catherine Zeta-Jones swings by The Daily Show to discuss her new movie "Rock of Ages."
Maggie Gyllenhaal stops by to talk about her new movie "Hysteria."
Former U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell discusses his new book "It Worked for Me: In Life and Leadership."
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, shares details from his new book "Johnson's Life of London: The People Who Made the City that Made the World."
Author Edward Conard shares highlights from his new book "Unintended Consequences: Why Everything You've Been Told About the Economy Is Wrong."
Michael Fassbender swings by the studio to talk about his new movie "Prometheus."
Gary Johnson, presidential nominee for the Libertarian Party, stops by The Daily Show.
Authors Thomas Mann and Norman Ornstein share highlights from their new book "It's Even Worse Than It Looks: How the American Constitutional System Collided With the New Politics of Extremism."
Jim Parsons stops by the studio to talk about his new Broadway show "Harvey."
Journalist Dan Rather shares highlights from his new book "Rather Outspoken: My Life in the News."
First Lady Michelle Obama visits The Daily Show and discusses her new book "American Grown: The Story of the White House Kitchen Garden and Gardens Across America."
Author Robert Caro talks about his new book "The Passage of Power: The Years of Lyndon Johnson."
President Obama voices his support for same-sex marriage, Kristen Schaal shares her voting history, and John Hall critiques Jons Queen Elizabeth II impression.
Joe Bidens support for gay marriage is not new policy, Mitt Romney takes credit for the auto bailout, and Ivo Daalder explains the seating arrangements at NATO summits.
Elections in Europe spell bad news for incumbents, Al Madrigal gauges young voters enthusiasm for Obama, and Admiral General Aladeen assures Jon that his family is safe.
Osama bin Ladens documents reveal a brand-conscious terrorist, Chinese dissident Chen Guangcheng asks Hillary Clinton for aid, and Peter Bergen discusses Man Hunt.
Senator Tom Coburn of Oklahoma shares thoughts from his new book "The Debt Bomb: A Bold Plan to Stop Washington from Bankrupting America."
David Barton discusses his new book "The Jefferson Lies: Exposing the Myths You've Always Believed About Thomas Jefferson."
Zach Wahls, author of "My Two Moms," stops by The Daily Show.
Author Robert Draper shares highlights from his new book "Do Not Ask What Good We Do: Inside the U.S. House of Representatives."
Jason Segel stops by the studio to talk about his new movie "The Five Year Engagement."
Former US Secretary of State Madeleine Albright discusses her new book "Prague Winter: A Personal Story of Remembrance and War, 1937-1948."
Judy Smith, founder of Smith & Company, discusses her new book "Good Self, Bad Self: Transforming Your Worst Qualities into Your Biggest Assets."
Author Robert Reich discusses his new book "Beyond Outrage: What Has Gone Wrong with Our Economy and our Democracy, and How to Fix It."
Actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus stops by the studio to talk about her new TV show "Veep."
Famed anthropologist Jane Goodall talks about her new documentary "Chimpanzee."
Musician Esperanza Spalding stops by the studio to talk about her new album "Radio Music Society."
Ricky Gervais returns to talk about his new show "The Ricky Gervais Show."
Elon Musk, CEO of SpaceX and co-founder of PayPal, stops by The Daily Show.
Tim Weiner shares details from his new book "Enemies: A History of the FBI."
Renowned chef, author, and TV host Anthony Bourdain swings by the studio.
Author Jack Goldsmith talks to Jon about his new book "Power and Constraint: The Accountable Presidency After 9/11."
SCOTUSblog founder and publisher Thomas C. Goldstein stops by The Daily Show.
Mohamed Nasheed, former president of the Maldives, talks to Jon about being part of the new documentary "The Island President."
Rachel Maddow talks to Jon about her new book, "Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power."
Featuring the extended, unedited interview! -Ahmed Rashid shares thoughts from his new book "Pakistan on the Brink: The Future of America, Pakistan, and Afghanistan."
Maria Goodavage discusses her new book "Soldier Dogs," which explores the bonds formed between military dogs and their handlers.
Shaquille O'Neal stops by The Daily Show.
Jon shares his opinions on the absurdities of the day's biggest news stories.
Rachel Weisz stops by The Daily Show to discuss her new movie "The Deep Blue Sea."
Director of the Obama administration's Domestic Policy Council, Melody Barnes.
Harvard law professor Lawrence Lessig talks about his new book Republic, Lost: How Money Corrupts Congress--and a Plan to Stop It.
- ABC's Republican debate highlights
- Jon's caught in a lie for trusting the History Channel, so he travels to the past to do some fact checking with a horny Ben Franklin
Chef Anne Burrell promotes her new book Cook Like a Rock Star: 125 Recipes, Lessons, and Culinary Secrets.
- Bill O'Reilly says Jon is going to hell
- Republican presidential candidates vie for the attention of the Jewish Coalition forum and Jon ranks them on the Yarmulkometer
- Aasif Mandvi reports on free games liike Tap Fish for iPad which turns out to be not so free since it costs money to keep the fish alive
Political strategist, former Chair of the RNC, and former Counselor to President George W. Bush, Ed Gillespie.
- Defense appropriations bill passes 93-7 in the Senate, despite a provision allowing the government to detain U.S. citizens suspected of terrorism without trial indefinitely
- Iran captures top secret U.S. stealth spy plane
Actor Ralph Fiennes promotes his new film Coriolanus.
- Herman Cain's dramatic entrance leads to disappointing news as he suspends his presidential campaign quoting Pokemon The Movie
- John Oliver reports on California's direct democracy and a proposed sales tax on Amazon.com
Photojournalist Ben Lowy's talks about his new book Iraq | Perspectives (Center for Documentary Studies/Honickman First Book Prize in Photography).
- TARP wasn't the only money lent to banks, the federal reserve also created and lent $7.7 trillion dollars to the banks
- Mitt Romney interviewed inside a Fox News bunker full of jams and preserves
Sportscaster and co-author of 100Yards of Glory: The Greatest Moments in NFL History, Bob Costas.
- Egyptian election highlights including using symbols for its political parties like a tank, sunglasses, a soccer ball, and a blender.
- Brian Williams interrupted on his live news broadcast by a fire alarm
U2's Bono promotes Product Red, a charitable organization dedicated to fighting AIDS.
- New 13 year sexual infidelity arises for Herman Cain
- Representative Barney Frank retires because of redistricting and conservative media pundits are ecstatic
Actor and comedian Betty White
- Spray it Forward: Pepper spray used not just for peaceful protesters, but for holiday shoppers, basically used for anything and everything to alleviate minor inconveniences
- Much Ado About Stuffing: Obama blasted by conservatives for leaving God out of his Thanksgiving address, despite previous President's doing the same
Author, screenwriter, and comedian Merrill Markoe talks about her new book Cool, Calm & Contentious.
- Roller coaster ride of Republican presidential candidates, rising and then falling in the polls
- Senior Historical Context Correspondent Sarah Vowell talks with Jon about Evacuation Day taking over for Thanksgiving
Director Martin Scorsese talks about his new movie Hugo.
- Congressional super committee deadlocked over how to lower the country's deficit and could lead to a trigger called sequestration; Congress however is not deadlocked when it comes to calling pizza a vegetable
- Sam Bee goes to Occupy Wall Street at Zuccotti Park and reports on the distinctions between uptown and downtown occupiers
Actress Diane Keaton promotes her new memoir Then Again.
- Herman Cain continues the Republican brain fart motif having one of his own regarding Libya
- Accused child molester Jerry Sandusky has a weird phone interview with Bob Costas
Former NASA shuttle commander Mark Kelly promotes his new book Gabby: A Story of Courage and Hope.
- Saturday's CBS News Republican debate highlights include sensible answers on foreign policy from Michele Bachman, Rick Santorum, and Jon Huntsman
- Aasif Mandvi talks with Jon about how knowledgeable and reasonable answers from Republican presidential candidates are a detriment
- Jason Jones reports on why ugly Americans should get special legal privileges
Nobel Peace Prize winner Leymah Gbowee talks about her new book Mighty Be Our Powers: How Sisterhood, Prayer, and Sex Changed a Nation at War.
- Herman Cain talks about himself in the third person and tries to overcome the sexual harassment claims
- 2011 off-year election shows that the extreme Republican agenda seems to be failing even in the deepest of red states
Minority Leader of the U.S. House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi.
- Politician Jon Corzine compared to MF Global CEO Jon Corzine
Former President Bill Clinton talks about his new book Back to Work: Why We Need Smart Government for a Strong Economy.
- New Herman Cain sexual harassment accuser surfaces
- Jon examines the role of anonymous media sources
- NPR fires two people over their support for Occupy Wall Street to avoid right wing criticism and Jon compares NPR with conservative talk radio
Actor and director Clint Eastwood promotes his new film J. Edgar.
- Occupy Oakland protest sparks vandalism
- Congress busy at work doing nothing, voting to uphold America's motto
- Aasif Mandvi reports on America's dangerous addiction to hot dogs
Country musician Brad Paisley promotes his new book Diary of a Player:How My Musical Heroes Made a Guitar Man Out of Me.
- Herman Cain sex allegations continue to fester and we learn of Cain's view on the nuclear threat that is/was China.
- Donald Trump accuses Jon of racism
- Samantha Bee, Wyatt Cenac, and John Oliver talk with Jon about conservative minorities, blacks who are better blacks.
NBC News Special Correspondent Tom Brokaw talks about his new book The Time of Our Lives: A conversation about America; Who we are, where we've been, and where we need to go now, to recapture the American dream.
- Fox News defends the 1% the Wall Street protesters demonize
- John Hodgman defends the rich to Jon
Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice promotes her new book No Higher Honor: A Memoir of My Years in Washington.
- 7 billionth person born on the Philippines
- Herman Cain sexual harrassment past comes back to haunt him
- Wyatt Cenac reports on how a bill dies in Congress
Actress Mindy Kaling is Kelly Kapoor on NBC's "The Office" and promotes her new book Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns).
- Mitt Romney neither gains nor loses support despite his inconsistent policy views
- Mitt Romney is Mr. 23%
- American stock market threatened by Europe
Fox News Senior Judicial Analyst Andrew Napolitano promotes his new book It Is Dangerous to BeRight When the Government Is Wrong: The Case for Personal Freedom.
- Climategate scandal debunked
- Aasif Mandvi reports on doubts surrounding science
- Occupy Oakland protest violently broken up by police
Theoretical physicist Lisa Randall talks about her new book Knocking on Heaven's Door: How Physics and Scientific Thinking Illuminate the Universe and the Modern World.
- Crazy ideas dominate the GOP presidential hopefuls so much so that Pat Robertson even tells them to be less extreme
- Lewis Black on insane indoctrinations of American children
President and CEO of the Aspen Institute and the author of several biographies, Walter Isaacson promotes his new book Steve Jobs.
- Rick Perry ressurects the birther issue and Eric Cantor pussy's out on a speech because poor people might be there
- Republicans argue against Obama leaving Iraq, despite the decision being George W. Bush's
- Obama's weatherizing homes plan a failure
Puppeteer and the voice behind Elmo on Sesame Street, Kevin Clash promotes his new book My Life as a Furry Red Monster: What Being Elmo Has Taught Me About Life, Love and Laughing Out Loud.
- Highlight of the 8th Republican debate
- Larry Wilmore talks with Jon about Herman Cain's potential nomination
Host of MSNBC's "PoliticsNation", Reverend Al Sharpton.
- Republican scorn on the Wall Street protesters and what seems like the majority of Americans
- John Oliver visits the protesters but finds is hard to fit in
Author and journalist Calvin Trillin talks about his new book Quite Enough of Calvin Trillin: Forty Years of Funny Stuff.
- Rick Perry's wife feels that her husband is being brutalized because of his faith and a pastor accuses Romney of being in a cult
- Romney's love/hate relationship with the Occupy Wall Street protesters and Jon disciplines a protester who took a shit on a police car
Wall Street Journal editor and reporter Ellen Schultz talks about her new book Retirement Heist: How Companies Plunder and Profit from the Nest Eggs of American Workers.
- Sarah Palin may have known she was not running for President, despite her plea a few weeks earlier asking supporters to give her money so that she would run
- Herman Cain's conspiracy theory that the Wall Street protesters have been set up by the Obama administration as a distraction from its failed policies
- Samantha Bee visits the Wall street protesters and the businesses in the neighborhood that have come to hate them
"Saturday Night Live" comedian Jason Sudeikis
- Chris Christie holds a lengthy press conference saying he's not running for President over and over again
- The duality of Mitt Romney's past versus present political views
- Roseanne Barr's comments on the rich controversial for Fox News and Hank Williams Jr.'s football song removed from an ESPN game because of his muddled Obama-Hitler comparison
Journalist and author Michael Lewis promotes his new book Boomerang: Travels in the New Third World.
- CIA kills American born al-Qaeda operative Anwar Al-Awlaki
- The name of Rick Perry's family ranch found to be racist and Wyatt Cenac thinks it's because black people aren't making maps
- Jason Jones goes to Mexico to entice them to come back to the U.S.to get jobs no one else will do
Author and journalist Thomas Friedman promotes his new book That Used to Be Us: How America Fell Behind in the World It Invented and How We Can Come Back.