The Dakotas

ABC (ended 1963)

NiteWatch

The Dakotas Fan Reviews (2)

6.4
  • To be a teenager in this day in age is hard enough yet alone trying to bring up our kids now. Home and Away gives that sense of confidence to be able to cope and understand what can and could happen to any kids or adults in real life.

To be a teenager in this day in age is hard enough yet alone trying to bring up our kids now. Home and Away gives that sense of confidence to be able to cope and understand what can and could happen to any kids or adults in real life. I myself have had a few experiences like anyone else and too have this show in my life it is like a blessing.
  • The Dakotas was a violent western with an excellent cast.

The Dakotas was a rather violent western, like most of those at that time. The premise was that a bunch of former gunfighters turned U.S. Marshalls would ride the Dakota territory keeping order. There were at times some lighter moments during each episode, usually involving Marshall Frank Ragan having egg on his face. The entire cast was quite good. Jack Elam also showed that he could do the lighter moments as well. Chad Everett came to notice in his role as Deputy Marshall Del Starke, and Michael Greene got his start as Deputy Vance Porter. Larry Ward was quite intense as Frank Ragan, a man with some unhappiness in his life. The series only ran one year and was cancelled over the violence issue, so loose ends in the backgrounds of the characters were not cleared up.