The Dana Carvey Show

ABC (ended 1996)

The Dana Carvey Show Fan Reviews (3)

• This show was ahead of its time too. It's too bad nobody really gave it enough of a chance.

This show was great, it was neat with the advertisements like taco bell, and Moutain Dew, dancing on the stage, like a show in my parents era would do. I liked that it was different from the TV on at the time, yet it was still a sketch comedy. That's amazing because those are usually the same, which is fine but the old time sketch show look really made this different. The jokes were definitely new and edgy and that made the show good for everyone. I have no idea how this didn't work, I just don't think it was really given a chance as I said before.
  • She returns home and she is bringing her mum with her. Everyone is pleased to see they gives her a big hug.

She returns home and she is bringing her mum with her. Everyone is pleased to see they gives her a big hug. She asks himif she can ever forgive her for lying and he tells her the only way she can is if she tells the truth about the baby. But She tells her she can not do that because then he will never forgive her for lying to him.
  • When Dana Carvey's show first aired, I had to watch because the man is just plan funny. This show was not made for network television. The skits were often crude, but hillarious. Had this show been on HBO at the time, it might have run for years. Outrageo

I recall the skit from the Wizard of OZ, were Carvey runs into Dorothy and company on the yellow brick road. They of course are on to see the Wizard for their various needs. They tell Carvey's character that he can get what he needs as well. What does Carvey need? An ASS! I kid you not! He goes on to sing the song, " If I only had an ASS "! Absolutely a scream, one of the funniest bits I have ever seen! But you see , way to risky for ABC in 1996.
    A great cast of players, many you know from the Daily Show, Steve Carrell etc.