The Danny Kaye Show

CBS (ended 1967)

AprilFox

The Danny Kaye Show Fan Reviews (3)

• Greatest show on Earth Danny Kaye Show!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best show in the whole world. This is the best show in the whole world. This is the best show in the whole world, it absolutely is the best in the entire world that we live in today! This is the best show in the entire world, this is the best world in the Danny Kaye Danny Kaye Danny Kaye is Gay but that's o kaye danny kaye danyn kaye is gay but that is okay butt cause he's faye and he's the best when he plays with his guests his chinese kitchen beats all the rest yeah Danny!
  • A comedy skit-variety programme in the standard format of the day, tailored to Kaye's good-natured talents.

5.6
    As most did most comedians of mid-century, Danny Kaye went from movies to radio to television. Danny seemed to come rather late to the tube though, 1963 being years after the genre was pioneered by Red Skelton and Jackie Gleason. Danny's style of humor is anything but edgy. He offered super safe bits of business, his trade mark high speed, intricate dialect songs and eccentric dancing are showcased. He does have an unfortunate tendancy to slip into a talkative five-year old boy personna, which he must have thought was adorable but gets sickening fast. He had lots of big-name guests over the years, everyone from Lucille Ball to Fred Gwynne/Herman Munster. Though it was on late on Wednesdays, it didn't mean the programme had any mature content, it only meant there wasn't going to be any playing to kids with rock and roll personalities. They make fun of R&R, prefering 60's styled versions of pre-1940 tunes and current grown-up music.In the end it left little impression, and Danny's legacy is still described almost entirely in terms of his film work.
  • The Danny Kaye Show is very nice. I want to see the show again and again. So i give the rating as 10. Very nice picture.I must have watched this 10 times already. Damn I have no life but it's just THAT good.

The Danny Kaye Show is very nice. I want to see the show again and again. So i give the rating as 10. Very nice picture.I must have watched this 10 times already. Damn I have no life but it's just THAT good. You have to watch it to believe it. Thank me later.