The Day Today

BBC Two (ended 1994)

BigRedNev

The Day Today Fan Reviews (1)

7.9
  • The most amazing thing about this incredbily funny series, is that its just as relevent today as it was when it was made over a decade ago.

The most amazing thing about this incredibly funny series is that it's just as relevant today as it was when it was made over a decade ago. This series helped put the Alan Partridge character on the map. And yet Alan is only one of a huge array of hilarious characters that this ensemble cast present us with. Leading the cast is Chris Morris, who plays the news show Anchorman, as well as many other characters. Not as controversial as Brass Eye, and yet far funnier in my opinion, this show is a must for fans of British Comedy's such as Alan Partridge, Brass Eye, Have I Got News For You and any other political satire show. The only negative I can think of is that the show only had one six episode series and then disappeared from our screens.

In conclusion: a British masterpiece that is strangely over looked by many, and way ahead of its time. Watch it!