The Dead Files

Friday 10:00 PM on Travel Channel Premiered Sep 23, 2011 In Season

gabfan31

The Dead Files Fan Reviews (16)

• How To Prove It's Real

Have you noticed that Amy always does her walk-thru AFTER Steve has completed his investigation? They could very easily prove that she's genuine by having her, just once, do her walk-thru BEFORE Steve's interviews. That shouldn't have any effect on the outcome, should it?

You see, I'm convinced that Amy is secretly (with the help of the producers) reviewing the video of Steve's interviews before going in on her own. The reason is that NOBODY, genuine OR fake, is ever THAT SPOT-ON. If she's genuine, she should be solving murders around the country instead of wasting her time on a hokey TV show.

Those of you who are fans of the show should write in and demand that she does a walk-through BEFORE Steve's interviews, just to shut us skeptics up. I'll wager any amount that she NEVER does. And until she does, she's in my "charlatan" file.
  • I Believe ! I Believe ! Amy DOESN'T play!

My Husband and I have watched this show since it started and it is one of our all-time favorites. I love the fact that Steve is a (retired) NYPD Detective. NYPD police have seen and heard it know a lie when they hear one, so who BETTER than NYPD to team up with and get your information to prove Amy RIGHT?? I totally believe in Amy. When we moved into our house in 1985 ( it was built in 1928) we both have had SEPARATE experiences with Shadow People, 'tho we were never harmed. We did NOT know the OTHER person was having these experiences until it was brought up in conversation one night, "Ya know, honey, I think we have a ghost in the mean YOU"VE had it too? OMG!" We compared our experiences and they were EXACTLY the same. We have EACH (separately, when we were the only person in the house) seen black shadows out of the corners of our eye and felt a definite "presence" and smelled an old-timey, woodsy kind of scent, a smell of age. We each had a sense that the shadow was of an elderly woman who had lived in our house at one time, kind of a "Grandma"-type person who was going around the house doing her chores 'tho I think she was unaware of US. We were amazed to find out that it had happened to both of us. We made then made a habit of saying "Hi Grandma! How ya doin'?" when we sensed she was around It eventually stopped happening and we believe she realized she was dead and headed Home toward the Light. I had my own personal experience with ghosts when I worked for a Home-Cleaning Service. I was cleaning a client's house and I was in the front Living Room. The husband was in the house with me for a bit, and then had to leave. The garage connected to the house and when you came thru that side door you could immediately open another door that went to the basement. I heard the husband holler goodbye to me and leave thru the side door to the garage; and I went on cleaning in the Living Room. I was the ONLY person in the house now. No more than 5 minutes after he left I HEARD the side door open again and I hollered (with my back to that door) "Wow, you back already? Or did u forget something?" and got no answer. I turned around to look and saw the side door was open and a black shape came thru and OPENED the basement door and CLOSED IT after it went thru. Needless to say I was a bit freaked out. I hollered out again "Did you forget something?" and got NO answer. I thought "Finish cleaning this house and get the hell out 'cause you just saw a ghost!" and I was out of there in record time. I did mention what happened to me to my boss and she was amazed because she also believes in ghosts and knows I am NOT a liar.
  • I Don't Really Care - I Know What I Believe

I've read lots of snippy comments about Amy, Steve and the whole Dead Files show about their legitimacy. I know what I believe so I really don't care about all those opinions from essentially uninformed people. If you don't like the show or something about it, then fine.

I personally believe many things are possible. So while I may have my doubts, I don't dismiss anything just because some 'expert' (Randi) says it's bogus. I believe the existence of spirits on earth is certainly possible and probably likely although I have no evidence to support that belief.

Further, if in fact spirits do exist on earth, with the huge varieties of skills and aptitudes and abilities that exist in humans, it follows that some people would be more sensitive to them than others. My ability to accept these sorts of things as "possible" has provided me with a great number of stories, insights and entertainment.

To all you "Skeptics" out there, the concepts and ideas you are glibly dismissing as impossible may be questions you cannot know the answers to until you die. It's like being an Atheist arguing with St. Peter at the Pearly Gates, that it was all just a misunderstanding. Yeah, good luck with that.

I truly enjoy this show and sincerely hope it can stay going for a few more seasons.
  • What was that????

Don't know if anyone from the show reads these but I hope they do. On the episode Forgotten - Bloomington, IL, during the reveal Amy is telling the clients about the "doll" and she says it went into the wall then cut to female client, male client then Steve then back to time stamp about 56:50 when they cut the female client the second time in this sequence, there's a dark shadow that looks to run up the screen beside the lady's head. I've watched it several times and my husband too. It's an unfinished section of wall, just beams so no shadow from crew would show up WTH was that?
  • Good and VERY creepy

I believe Amy is VERY real. I've watched her for years on TV, WAY before this show started. She is definately for real, and perhaps a bit strange but according to her husband and cameraman the dude that follows her during the actually have a seperate bedroom at their home, as her life is NOT all that easy dealing with dead people wishing to "converse" with her all the when they know it's going to be a busy evening, she'll take the extra room. She to this day will not state that this is a gift as she is still unsure for it's physically dangerous to her and exhausting. I think she's awesome and I feel bad for the loudmouth small-minded and perhaps LARGE CAR people on here that diss her for no reason other than she's different. Bless her. And NO she's not a trained actor so she gets nervous, sweaty and does go over the top I don't doubt her for a second. Love Steve, he's your typical man's man, NYC retired homicide detective but he's all about finding the TRUTH, and I love the chemistry he and amy have, this is truly a show to me, and it's a personal choice like watch it, but I think it's FAR ABOVE the normal Ghost hunting shows that gather evidence but do NOTHING to alieviate suffering of both living victims and the dead. AT LEAST these guys try to help everyone involved.
  • good show

I like it, at least it is not boring like some other Ghost hunting shows.
  • It could be prob not

I am really not sure if this show is real or not. Sometimes i think Amy is just a good story teller. But the way she stare's around like she's possessed is freakin weird. The only thing that makes me think that it could be real is Steve.
  • Watcher

Amy is real, believe it or don't, nuff said.
  • #Soccerbri--"TDF" are FAKE but "GA" is real in your opinion because of *goosebumps* seriously?

The Dead Files sucks, Amy's a fake, although you had to plagiarize #guccirush411's review for the big words, specifically the phrase "visions, feelings, or senses" which makes me wonder if you're just another bored, angst-ridden tween, trying not to SI whose seen all the Twilight films and thinks they're just *epic* but now you're done pranking the boys you're afraid to talk to in person, nobody's responding to your chat requests, so here you are~ ( (o) (

*chuckle*

But really, the main reason I grade your review an epic fail is because you say TDF/Amy are fake BUT in the next breath, without missing a beat-- "Ghost adventures is real because when they have goosebumps they show you, 90% of the time. Its

Sure, Soccerbri, it's "wicked real" --silly me, what was I thinking with?

Oh yeah, my brain~

• love this show

this is a great show, i love to watch the end, when they meet with the owners or whoever. it really freaks me out how right on Amy is.
  • i love this show

I love this show. I was channel surfing one night and caught it on the travel channel and have been addicted ever seeing from some of the reveiws below that you guys think she is a fake and you just don't like her. well for one thing if she was just looking into the history,don't you think someone in town would have as you can see steve can't just look on the internet he has to go all over the place and talk to all different people just to get a if she was a fake don't you think someone in that town would say oh no she was just in her asking me those DO! and secondly just because we can't see what she see's doesn't mean it ain't real. the shows that do show something(like ghost hunters(which i watch)) are just a bunch of people running around hoping to find something,and are most likely just pissing off the ghost and not helping the person who lives do beleive in amy i think she is just like the long island medium, you can just tell it's people will just not is until they see with there own eyes. But what i really wanted to say before i saw the haters comments was i love this show,give it a chance( i think amy has a really cool personality),this is by far my favorite show and i like alot of shows. also it would be really cool if the guy holding the camera when she does the walk through would hold one of those special camera's and a EVP machine then they would be kinda mixing the show up and show the non beleivers that they should beleive. thank you Metro
  • No, Not in it

2.5
    Ok, this is fake. I can tell that it. I will just say I can't see your visions, senses or feelings so I bet this is such a scam. Not convining of a show sorry for all those fans.

Ghost adventures is real because when they have goosebumps they show you, 90% of the time. Its real.

Again, sorry fans but at least I didn't say it sucks. Its just bad. =)
  • Amy sucks!

Not a bad show to watch. Like the detective. With that being said, one of these things just don't belong and that would be Amy, the medium. I have come across some mediums who are genuine, however, I don't get that from observing Amy. Really, how hard can it be to look up history before visiting a site, then portraying your "visions, feelings, or senses" as authentic. For me, sorry, not convinced. Aside from that, she's just plain horrible. They need to ax out Amy and bring someone else in. Oh......wait.....hold on.........I got it........my visions........senses.........indicate.........SHE'S FAKE and annoying! If the "ghosts" from Hot springs say your annoying, your annoying! I'll pass on watching it!

• Awesome show

This is the greatest show! I love the way that Amy feels things, is actually shown to be true when Steve does his investigations. He doesn't just see one person either. He gathers information from several different people as well as libraries. The show is well done and both put a lot of effort in the program. I will certainly watch each and every show as long as it's on the air.
  • great show

Ive watched GHOST HUNTERS since it first began and i love it, this show goes about doing things a new and more detective work is involved which is a new way to do what they do best find answers!!! i will be watching this as long as it is on the air!!!
  • Its just what i expecting....

well what do u get from a medium? a more intense connection with ghosts, spirits and all that right? what do u get from a detective? well a more intense facts retrieval and morethroughoutsearch of history. So mix both of them and u get some sorta ghostwhisperermeets cold case.

I actually wonder if this show is gonna like run into unsolved cold cases? did this guys met on a situation like this? did the detective used her on actual police work to solve crimes, when he was working as a cop? Are they... together? who know what it is. the truth is that they do a heck of a job andbelievable too.

You know when u see ghost adventures/hunters you get ur history and ur tour around the location, and then use that to get your show basically to use it to kinda to invoke whatever there is? well this show its all around. and i kinda liked it is sounds exiting and i think we gonna some good stuff.. or aleast i hope

TRAVEL