The Dead Zone

A Very Dead Zone Christmas

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Dec 04, 2005 on USA

• Johnny and the gang prepare to spend Christmas together, but first they must solve two mysteries: one involving a homeless Santa with a bad memory, another involving three homeless boys.

0.9
    This was an exceptionally disappointing episode; it seems that it was intended to be more lighthearted than a usual episode of the series, but sadly, it was not done well at all. Alex returns, and suddenly she and Johnny are an item. As much as I enjoy her character and like to see Johnny happy, it was too fast and unrealistic. Walt, Sarah, and J.J. are featured but given only a few lines; Bruce is relegated to the kitchen to prepare the Turduckey, while everyone else barely helps out. Reverend Purdy swoops in at the last minute to deliver the three homeless boys' father via helicopter (oh, gee, a Christmas good deed. Woo hoo). And the potentially menacing Santa Claus ends up being a forgetful old actor. I'm hoping this "very special Christmas episode" is NOT indicative of the kind of episodes we can expect when the new season premieres.