The Dead Zone

A Very Dead Zone Christmas

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Dec 04, 2005 on USA

• Corny, Cheesy, Campy....and I loved it.

Bottom line, if you like lighthearted, corny Christmas episodes, you'll love this episode. if you don't....you won't. This was not t.v. at its finest by any means. It was a vast departure from what we usually get from The Dead Zone but that is (I expect) exactly how they intended it.

There will be those who will turn up their noses at an episode of this sort, saying it is too cliche and simple, but I don't mind at all. If every episode of Dead Zone became campy and silly like this one, well, I would turn away from the show. But there's just something about Christmas that makes me actually WANT to see cornball episdoes like this one. Do I want to see every episode end with a heartwarming snowball fight among rescued orphans with Christmas carols being sang in the background? No way. But tonight, when I watched this particular episode, I did.

Way to go Anthony Michael Hall, for setting aside the usual format and going for something that those of us with a cheesy, corny, campy sentimental streak can enjoy!