The Dead Zone

Ascent (2)

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Jan 19, 2003 on USA

• What are they trying to do with 'The Dead Zone', this episode is just plain bad!

5.8
    I just finished watching season 1 of The Dead Zone and it became a instant classic for me, great character development for the key character who seem to be Johnny, Sarah & Dana to me. Seems season 2 takes an entirely different direction and I dont like it so far!

This episode makes painfully clear that Walt Bannerman is a important character in the series although they never really made him quite interesting, I was more hoping for the series to continue without him as with him in this episode.

In my opinion this show has always been about great scripting and good character development and seems they completely missed that ball untill now. This episode is about Johnny trying to save Walt Bannerman from his death which he has seen in a vision, which he tries to accomplish by going in his mind and seeing his thoughts and trying to pull him out of the come not realizing Walt is pulling him with him. Not really to much to say about it in my opinion, its not interesting to watch and all the flashbacks are things youve already seen in previous episodes. I will continue to watch but I seriously hope to see improvements to the concept after this episode. Rated 5.8/10 while not 1 episode of season 1 would get less then a 8/10 from me. Disappointing