The Dead Zone

Broken Circle (2)

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Jun 12, 2005 on USA

• All in all, a good episode, but I felt it was kind of lacking

Dead Zone fans have been eagerly awaiting this day for nearly 10 months after this episode, the conclusion to a four-episode story arc where they decided to move this episode for the fourth season premiere instead of the season 3 finale. After leaving us with a HUGE cliffhanger, I was expecting this episode to be epic. Perhaps my expectations were set too high.

This episode was a great one, no doubt. But for some reason, I was kind of dissapointed. The story felt rushed and some scenes were flawed. The action and suspense was there, however, which is always a good thing. There were a number of positives as well, including the introduction of Malcolm Janus, a character played by Martin Donovan, who seems to play a pivotal role in the upcoming Armageddon. Also, a new outlook on Greg Stillson's character. I pretty much felt sorry for him. It also looks more and more like Stillson is just a pawn in the Armageddon arc.

All in all a good episode, that has it's moments, but fails to reach the hype that the season 3 clifhanger had built.