The Dead Zone

Dinner with Dana

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Aug 25, 2002 on USA

• When Dana Bright goes on a date with Johnny, he learns about her dark past.

This episode is my favorite episode from the first season, and it featured my favorite character on the Dead Zone, Dana Bright, played by Kristen Dalton.

In the first 2 season I was a HUGE supporter for Dana/Johnny relationship and I wanted them to be togeather ! It would have been one hell of a relationship.

This episode, in short is when Dana goes out on a date with Johnny in his house and he sees visions from her past, plus a former boyfriend of Dana's returns to town...

Anyway, great episode, great character development for the character of Dana, and I wish she would have been used more in the series.
  • One of the best of the early episodes - and one of the best scenes of the series (so far)...

This episode does a great job of giving us a bit of extra insight into what its like to be Johnny Smith, and how his abilities make trying to live a normal life a bit challenging at times.

Usually when we see Johnny dealing with his abilities, he's seeing things that he knows he needs to somehow change - his visions prompt him to action. While there is, of course, some of that in this episode, we also get to see how some of his visions are a bit more "mundane", letting him see what a friend (or date) is thinking or planning and sometimes making feelings more clear that is comfortable.

Without spoiling the scene for those who've not seen it, I have to say that the "love scene" in this episode is still, to this day, one of my favourite scenes from the entire series. It's not just exceptionally entertaining, but it also does a great job of showing us quite a bit about both Dana and Johnny, adding to their budding relationship, and features some excellent performances from all involved. I was pleased to hear that Kristen Dalton will be appearing again during the 4th season. She was missed last year, and hopefully, we'll get to see a bit more interplay between her and Johnny.