The Dead Zone Forums

USA (ended 2007)

6.09 - Transgressions (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Aug 12, 2007
    • level: 100
    Please direct discussion of the 8/12 episode "Trnasgressions" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dman_dustin

[2]Aug 12, 2007
    • level: 8

I didn't see parts of it like the very very beginning, but it was an okay episode. It looks familar but that could be that I just saw it.

Shame about Sarah and Johnny. I hope that part gets resolved

Edited on 08/12/2007 9:20pm

Gislef

[3]Aug 12, 2007
    • level: 100
    The A plot seemed a lot like an episode of Medium from a while back...

danharr

[4]Aug 13, 2007
    • level: 45
    Halloween in August eh hmm not a bad episode the main point being the rift between Sarn and Johnny making room for Stllson?!

AMHfan

[5]Aug 15, 2007
    • level: 2

Great episode. Loved it.

But darn do I hate Sarah right now. Johnny is crazy to still fall for her? She treats him like dirt after all he's done for her

and Walt. She seems to forget he's saved Walt's life numerous times, even fought death himself to save her husband

and this is the thanks he gets, she can't trust him because he didn't tell he saw walt die? That woman really needs a good spanking and I would be happy to apply it.

I hope Johnny and Alex the female psychic get it on again, because although I was avidly hoping Sarah and Johnny would come together again, I'm now beginning to doubt Sarah is really the right woman for Johnny.

Truth be told if she redeems herself and doesn't throw herself in the arms of Stillson in the end as we can see happening in the preview, I probably would be happy for Johnny since he still loves her...but really he should not be treated like that after all he's done for her. She's really starting to become an arrogant b*tch, treating Johnny like dirt. First telling him that he had no right making decisions about JJ while he's the boys real father and now this...Man am I livid with her right now.

But man what a great season...so love it and so hoping we'll see a season 7!

Edited on 08/15/2007 4:25pm

dman_dustin

[6]Aug 15, 2007
    AMHfan wrote:

Great episode. Loved it.

But darn do I hate Sarah right now. Johnny is crazy to still fall for her? She treats him like dirt after all he's done for her

and Walt. She seems to forget he's saved Walt's life numerous times, even fought death himself to save her husband

and this is the thanks he gets, she can't trust him because he didn't tell he saw walt die? That woman really needs a good spanking and I would be happy to apply it.

I hope Johnny and Alex the female psychic get it on again, because although I was avidly hoping Sarah and Johnny would come together again, I'm now beginning to doubt Sarah is really the right woman for Johnny.

Truth be told if she redeems herself and doesn't throw herself in the arms of Stillson in the end as we can see happening in the preview, I probably would be happy for Johnny since he still loves her...but really he should not be treated like that after all he's done for her. She's really starting to become an arrogant b*tch, treating Johnny like dirt. First telling him that he had no right making decisions about JJ while he's the boys real father and now this...Man am I livid with her right now.

Yeah I hate it when Female Characters never give someone a chance to speak

Sanifus

[7]Aug 16, 2007
    • level: 7
    Fantastic episode, the main story wasn't brilliant but I'm liking the direction the show is now taking.

Libaax

[8]Aug 16, 2007
    AMHfan wrote:

Great episode. Loved it.

Couldnt agree more. I thought for seasons Sarah didnt deserv Johnny but even more now.

Johnny should have told her Walt begged him not to tell her about him dieying that day. It was stupid writing that he didnt tell her.

she cant trust him? what bull***** how much has he done for her and Walt. To atleast forgive him for 100 real mistakes and not a stupid little thing like this.

Placebo_obecalP

[9]Aug 16, 2007
    • level: 13

This for me was the first half decent episode of the series, not exactly original but a couple of reasonable twists and turns, it suddenly hit me half way through the episode though why this season has been so poor and flat compared to the previous 5 seasons, the problem with season 6 for me is the lack of characters in the show.....

We've lost Walt, Bruce, Stillson, Purdy, all great fleshed out characters, all well acted, they allowed Anthony Hall to act off them, he pretty much has to carry each episode himself now and frankly he's not up to it, his character isn't exactly much more than one dimensional, and his acting range especially emotionally is pretty limited, the standalone episodes of previous seasons were far, far better than this season because for the dramatic ones he would be bouncing off Purdy or Walt or Stillson and with the lighter more comedic episodes he'd be bouncing off Bruce which worked really well as there really seemed to be a good chemistry between the two.

Sanifus

[10]Aug 17, 2007
    • level: 7
    Placebo_obecalP wrote:
    This for me was the first half decent episode of the series, not exactly original but a couple of reasonable twists and turns
    Really? I Thought Switch and Outcome were the best episodes so far this season.
    :
    it suddenly hit me half way through the episode though why this season has been so poor and flat compared to the previous 5 seasons, the problem with season 6 for me is the lack of characters in the show.....

:
    We've lost Walt, Bruce, Stillson, Purdy, all great fleshed out characters, all well acted, they allowed Anthony Hall to act off them, he pretty much has to carry each episode himself now and frankly he's not up to it, his character isn't exactly much more than one dimensional, and his acting range especially emotionally is pretty limited, the standalone episodes of previous seasons were far, far better than this season because for the dramatic ones he would be bouncing off Purdy or Walt or Stillson and with the lighter more comedic episodes he'd be bouncing off Bruce which worked really well as there really seemed to be a good chemistry between the two.

Yeah that's what this season is lacking. It feels somewhat empty in comparison to previous seasons. But, at least Stillson isn't totally gone (he's mostly a beginning and end of season Guest star) and we have the next episode with Bruce as a guest star, so it should be good. Johnny really needs Bruce imo, Bruce is one of the most important influences on his life and without someone like that round he's just not shining, except when the Guest stars click with him.

Edited on 08/19/2007 4:53pm

dman_dustin

[11]Oct 9, 2011

Now that I've watched the entire series recently, I just want to go over something. It involves the whole Johnny not telling Sarah about the whole "he saw Walt die"

But if you recall in the season premiere, the main visions Johnny had were in this order:

1. Walt's funeral, Purdy delivering the eulogy.

2. Walt's funeral, Purdy delivering the eulogy.

3. Purdy's funeral, Walt delivering the eulogy.

Now the thing is, those first two vision are easily explainable. Johnny saved Walt twice in that episode. 1. From being shot by a criminal, and the 2 Was Walt being run over by the car.

But here's where this whole thing gets me. Johnny's last "main" vision was of Purdy's death, and Walt delivering the eulogy. So where is this he saw Walt dying come from? I mean yes he did see Walt's funeral, twice, but they were for two completely different things.

Walt's funeral, was not the last vision Johnny saw. He saw Purdy's funeral, and Walt was alive. Johnny was working under the impression that Walt was still alive but Purdy was the one to die, therefore Johnny did not realize that he still needed to protect Walt. Walt's death really should have been completely unexpected to Johnny even though he saw Walt's funeral twice before.

So my problem with this "lie" Johnny supposedly told Sarah, is why did Sarah expect Johnny to tell her every little vision that Johnny has? And why was it a lie, in the first place. Technically Johnny didn't see Walt dying, the last thing he saw was Purdy's death before it ended up being Walt the one who died.

I just don't understand why Johnny saving Walt's life "twice" changing the future, didn't cancel out the two prior visions of Walt's funeral, or rather why didn't Johnny feel that way. Why was he so guilty that he wasn't able to save Walt, especially since the last vision he had was of Purdy's death. Sure he could still feel slightly guilty, but there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING Johnny could do. His visions don't always work, and in this case, the visions gave Johnny false "information" regardless if somehow Purdy was going to die instead of Walt.

On top of that even if you can explain it away, that even if the last vision he saw was of Walt being alive, Johnny still "lied" to Sarah because he saw Walt's funeral from two different outcome than the actual funeral which resulted in a fire from the church. Even if you could accept the whole "Johnny did see Walt dying before it happened" and he did "lie to Sarah" and he deserved to "not be trusted" that still doesn't explain why Johnny didn't mention that he saved Walt's life TWICE, and the last vision he saw before anyone dying was Purdy's funeral and Walt delivering the eulogy. Why didn't he mention that? I honestly would have, and maybe Sarah could be a little more understanding.

I mean if I was Johnny I would've said "Look Sarah, I did see Walt's funeral, but I saw two funerals for two different reasons. I saved Walt from those reasons. The last vision I saw was of Walt delivering Purdy's eulogy. So I was under the impression that Walt was in the clear, Purdy on the other hand was not. It completely took me by surprise to have travelled to the church and see Walt being declared dead. So yes while I did see Walt's funeral, I didn't think it was going to happen, because the last vision I saw was of Purdy' funeral and Walt delivering the eulogy. So I'm a little unsure as to why I have to tell you every little vision I have, especially when Walt specifically asked me not to tell you."

Sure that might have been a little harsh, but have watched Sarah say "there's no future between us" was so much harsher in comparison.