The Dead Zone Forums

USA (ended 2007)

6.12 - Ambush (Possible Spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Sep 9, 2007
    • level: 102
    Please direct discussion of the 9/9/07 episode "Ambush" here.

Enjoy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tjoceasde

[2]Sep 9, 2007
    • level: 18
    I think that I'm starting to become psychic. I swear that this part of the show was on 10 minutes ago.

wingsabre

[3]Sep 9, 2007
    • level: 13
    i think usa screwed up and reaired one of the acts.

tjoceasde

[4]Sep 9, 2007

At least I'm not completely lost. Oh wait, I am

wingsabre

[5]Sep 9, 2007
    mainly because we missed 10 minutes of 45 minutes, or 22% of the show. A lot can happen in that time.

tjoceasde

[6]Sep 9, 2007

Somehow we went from "Abe" trying to shoot them in the street, to him ransacking the police station. And they wentright past whateverfreaked J.J.out. Frankly, I'm surpised that Don't Stop Believing wasn't playing in the background.

On a seperate note, I have a prediction about the next episode. I have believed all season that Walt...is...alive.

copygeek

[7]Sep 9, 2007

wingsabre wrote:
    mainly because we missed 10 minutes of 45 minutes, or 22% of the show. A lot can happen in that time.

Fortunately, they re-air the show about 3-4 times during the week. In fact, you can always set your TiVos to catch the West Coast re-broadcast about 1 AM tonight.

That was pretty retarded of USA, though!

danharr

[8]Sep 9, 2007
    • level: 45
    Nice to know 2 beers haven't suddenly started driving me off the edge I thought usa screwed up. Oh well I got the gist which is armageddon is back and now Johnny's dad is involved can't wait to see where they're taking us.

tjoceasde

[9]Sep 9, 2007

Now I really think that Walt's alive. Otherwise, how did that piece of paper get into the lamp after he died.

dman_dustin

[10]Sep 9, 2007
    • level: 8

I got annoyed when they replayed it. At first I thought it was because it was a J.J. vision...Nope. I also figured it was Doug he just looked too suspicious. So next week is the season finale and not the series finale. Can't wait!

Oh Ambush was good episode, it seemed off, probably because they replayed a part of it, but other than that it was okay

darkklown

[11]Sep 10, 2007
    • level: 3
    I had a feeling that Doug guy was up to something and Sarah is really starting to piss me off maybe vice President douche bag will end up getting her killed like every other woman he's been with.

brattytxn

[12]Sep 10, 2007
    • level: 2
    The previews definitely looked interesting. I had wondered if Stillson is going to cause Sarah's death. Maybe something like Daddy Stillson did to Rachel? The worse thing I don't want happening is Stillson blackmailing Sarah into a relationship to protect Johnny. Of all the people in the world to pick for girlfriend, why Sarah? Is this a revenge thing for Miranda?

pgsuperfan

[13]Sep 10, 2007
    • level: 25
    wingsabre wrote:
    i think usa screwed up and reaired one of the acts.

Noticed that too lol

zyx122

[14]Sep 10, 2007
    • level: 1

I was really happy with the way this episode ended. I am a big fan of the 'Armegeddon' storyline. I really hope they bring it back. But I can't believe it's almost time for the finale already! The break between seasons seems so long.

I can't believe how crappy Sarah is acting. I just don't get why she doesn't understand that Johnny was just trying to protect her. Oh well. I think Johnny would be better off without her anyway, but it takes away from his time with JJ.

It seems the show is going toward the plot of Johnny's dad still being alive (at least that's what they want us to think til next week).I'm not real sure that's a smart direction, but we'll see how it plays out. I could buy Walt still being alive easier, because of the investigation he was working on.But Herb? I don't know.

brattytxn

[15]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 2
    I'm going to love seeing the show in its entirety. I haven't got to see the missing 8 minutes. I think the episode airs again tonight at 1AM Eastern/12AM Central. I actually squealed when Johnny read that paper backwards and it said "ARMAGEDDON" backwards!! Now we have to know who Walt was talking to and why the interest in Herb! Why didn't Walt tell Johnny? Well I guess he was going to before he died.

Sarah is just weird this year. I can't wait to see what she's going to do when she finds out JJ has "feelings" and maybe even visions like his real daddy. JJ hasn't told her. Is that a lie? Will she send JJ to live with Johnny because the kid lied?

dman_dustin

[16]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 8

brattytxn wrote:
    Sarah is just weird this year. I can't wait to see what she's going to do when she finds out JJ has "feelings" and maybe even visions like his real daddy. JJ hasn't told her. Is that a lie? Will she send JJ to live with Johnny because the kid lied?

If Sarah did that, she doesn't deserve redemption. If she did drop J.J. off to live with Johnny, then I could care less about what happens to Sarah. Let her go live with stillson and die in the explosion.

But she hasn't done that yet so she's okay right now, a little annoying. and I doubt she would do that to her own son.

Edited on 09/11/2007 1:38pm

SweetDreams4

[17]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 4
    I have a feeling that while the whole Johnny/Sarah storyline is taking a turn for the worst, Johnny and Turner are going to start to have a thing...you know, I never thought I'd stop shipping Johnny/Sarah but to be honest, Sarah's getting on my nerves. I enjoy the bicker/banter scenes with Johnny and Turner much more lately than any other scenes. i mean, how cute is this: "Deputy Smith, Thanks for saving my life."

Placebo_obecalP

[18]Sep 12, 2007

Finally the season gets it's first "very good" episode (Exile), so I'm for the first time this season excited about the next episode, and what do the stupid, dumbarse, lamebrain, idiot network do? They miss out the middle 10 minutes, I can't believe how amateur they are!

Well despite missing 10 minutes of the I still managed to enjoy the episode, and still managed to guess that it was the Sheriff's "boyfriend" that was the man in the mask, I think my mind's just too sharp for average TV shows Law & Order is one of the few shows I can't guess the plot twist to every week

Well it was good to see Walt again, hopefully he is going to be alive after all, although if that is the case then it is very, very dumb in the sense that it's impossible for Johnny not to have known that Walt wasn't dead, if the plan is to get Walt back and the writers manage to find a brain cell between them then hopefully they'll think of a smart way around "Johnny must have known" rather than insulting our intelligence (like most of the season so far)

Maybe with the show having such a low budget now it'll mean we can get rid of Sarah and her ferret offspring that looks nothing like Johnny, this season Sarah has been nothing more than whiny spoilt **** fluff, die please! For the sake of the drama!

If they get rid of Sarah and Ferret Jr. Maybe they can somehow scrape together enough budget to get Walt back and Rev. Purdy for some episodes (David Ogden Stiers has more acting ability in the dirt under his nails than the rest of the cast put together).

Anyways at least with the ending of this episode we can finally get back on track. Noddegamra here we come! I know there's one fan girl here who will get all sniffy at the thought, but "Johnny uses his psychic powers to foil horse kidnappers", "Johnny uses his psychic powers to save a space shuttle", "Johnny uses his psychic powers to save a man buried underground", "Johnny uses his psychic powers to save a man falsely accused of murder", is not the show I signed up to watch 5 years ago.

hotsauce_8_24

[19]Sep 13, 2007
    • level: 11

It took a few months of rubbish episodes but it finally looks like we're back in action.

jmac4ever

[20]Sep 13, 2007
    • level: 5

For all those happy to see the Armageddon story back, just remember....I called it!

http://www.tv.com/the-dead-zone/show/7420/6.10---drift-possible-spoilers/topic/4696-840278/msgs.html?msg_id=8555709#1