The Dead Zone Forums

USA (ended 2007)

Dead Zone Cancelled?

kidnoeight

[1]Dec 20, 2007
    • level: 9

EPGuides just changed the listing for "Dead Zone" (and "The 4400")to read aired from: Jun 2002 to: Sep 2007.

Did it/they get cancelled? No movie,no 2 hour finale to wrap everything up?

With L&O: CI, Monk & Psych going to NBC, what original shows will be left on USA?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

claudia40

[2]Dec 20, 2007
    The first page on here (TV.COM) says it and the "4400" IS CANCELLED. I'm ticked they keep such crap on the air. It should have atleast been wrapped up.

Libaax

[3]Dec 21, 2007
    • level: 8
    Monk going to NBC what?

Did they buy it?

This channel use to be my fav with my two of my fav series DZ and Monk.

kidnoeight

[4]Dec 21, 2007
    NBC owns USA Network, and they own both networks shows, thats why NBC shows are shown as repeats on USA the next week....

Viking_Power

[5]Dec 22, 2007

They should have allowed for the Dead Zone to wrap up the series in a couple of episodes. This is why NBC is at the bottom of the ratings, because they do not know what a good show is anymore.

You gave it six season, what is another two hours for a wrap up? This is BS

mxcmm

[6]Dec 23, 2007
    • level: 7
    I completely agree

Holtsav

[7]Dec 24, 2007
    • level: 4
    They could make an one hour and a half/two hours finishing film. Is there any drawback?

priest300480

[8]Dec 27, 2007
    • level: 6
    Although i can see why there cancelling it (this season being quite awful) they coulld have and should have finish telling the story, if just to tie up lose ends. It's frustrating when they don't finish what they start.

wingsabre

[9]Dec 30, 2007
    • level: 13
    Yeah, it would be nice to have them renew the series, but I think they're not giving the go ahead since they'll need to order a script before they give it a go ahead, and they can't really order scripts now.

I think after the strike, we might see a Dead Zone wrap-up maybe in the summer of 2009, or they'll do a mini-series. It just depends on the actors and the contractile obligations. Either that or this is another ALF.

QueenOfGaming

[10]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 3
    I read on E! in an article on watch with kristen that the dead zone and 4400 are "Dead" no new episodes to be made. I think this is disgusting that a network would do this to faithful viewers and not even leave us with a series finale, if I didn't have Monk left i would never watch the station again. I hope that the sci-fi network picks up the show

Stikkio

[11]Jan 3, 2008
    NOOOOOO they cant leave the dead zone like that thats so frigging annoying and unfair they did that with Threshold as well give us a clifhanger and then cancel it

farscapefanuk

[12]Jan 5, 2008
    • level: 32
    Its crazy that they are allowed to get away with this! I can't believe that networks are just allowed to drop a show in a blink of an eye after it has been airing for 6 years and not even have the decency to wrap up the show with a few more episodes or another season? I can't believe it! its just one mistake after another with these stupid cancelations.

noragul

[13]Jan 7, 2008
    From the last season of the show, I was getting the sense that the writer(s) for the show were setting up the next season by making this season more about building up the characters stories and sub-stories that will build up to something more for a possible next season. Although, we all know now that it's not going to happen any time soon. I'm getting pretty disappointed with all the networks lately and they are not realizing that these shows have potential. But, in reality (I guess) all they care is about big ratings. Even then, they are pretty much blind to how to get big ratings too. Sorry for the rambling, pretty much all the shows I like are getting no where lately.

bustin06

[14]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 5
    noragul wrote:
    From the last season of the show, I was getting the sense that the writer(s) for the show were setting up the next season by making this season more about building up the characters stories and sub-stories that will build up to something more for a possible next season. Although, we all know now that it's not going to happen any time soon. I'm getting pretty disappointed with all the networks lately and they are not realizing that these shows have potential. But, in reality (I guess) all they care is about big ratings. Even then, they are pretty much blind to how to get big ratings too. Sorry for the rambling, pretty much all the shows I like are getting no where lately.
    I couldn't agree with you more. There's nothing I hate more when they cancel a show I love and don't even give it a proper ending.

sosoCraig

[15]Jan 11, 2008
    • level: 14
    Sometimes people you have to let the networks know how you feel about something. Time to fight!

TheGoateeStuff

[16]Jan 16, 2008
    • level: 5
    It is a shame it ends, but I've gone through this with several shows since 2000, so it doesn't hurt as much. Especially after last seasson.

I think it is more or less the writers fault with Dead Zone, and not the strike, the direction of season 6. They changed it and in a way the show lost its original "soul" to me.

Far too often writers and creators just keep trying to prolong a series and the stories and characters get stretched thin. They should have just treated season 6 as the last, and ended the armagedeon plot and left it open for future stuff. In this way, you keep all fans happy, you close the primary story of the first 5 seasons, and should it end since it was on its last leg anyway, everything gets wrapped up.

They had to know they were on a short leash...they didn't make the most of it. It is the Network's fault to not offer a couple of hours to wrap it up, and it is the writers fault from just trying to keep stringing the show along for 20 years.

I'd rather have 3 or 4 amazingly good seasons and wrap it up, then get left hanging forever.

QueenOfGaming

[17]Jan 20, 2008
    No matter what show it is, if a show has been on for a few years and hasn't had a chance for a season finale I think it should be a clause in the contract that a series finale has to be made. It's not right to the viewers or the actors. If anyone knows of a way to contact the studios to get us our deserved finale please post it here, I myself have no idea what to do

serina86

[18]Jan 22, 2008
    I agree, why do they keep cancelling shows without telling the whole story. It's frustrating. It's happened to me before, but it's still annoying. The least they can do is make a movie....

panzerwuss

[19]Feb 4, 2008
    I agree with above. HOWEVER, the writers killed the show. Instead of Johnny running into criminals with Sheriff Bannerman who they killed off, dealing with the moral problems of the leader of Heritage Church who we virtually never saw last season, doing guy stuff and dead zone stuff with his friend who went to do pro physical therapy we get to see Sarah and their brat son both whine about everything on earth while living at Johnny's house. WOW, what a way to put everyone to sleep in the last season. I think the writers on Dead Zone went on strike before the season started.

silentchuck

[20]Feb 17, 2008

NBC is my new nemesis. Bionic Woman? Axed. Journeyman? In the past now. Ok, so those are new I can't complain too much.

But 4400 and Dead Zone? 4400 had a lot more life to it and a lot more answers to give. The Dead Zone should have had a proper ending a few years ago and even though it wasn't quite what it used to be they OWE us an answer about Stillson for crying out loud.

And now they try to lure me with this new Knight Rider? Yeah, right. Too late. I'm switching to Fox where they now play the best show that I didn't even know I wanted: Terminator.