The Dead Zone Forums

USA (ended 2007)

JJ question.

kdtfiles

[1]Feb 24, 2009
    • level: 23
    Sorry if this had already been asked, I didn't find it posted anywhere.

Does anyone know why they replaced the kid that played JJ for season 6?, was it just because they moved production to the other side of Canada? or some other reason. Cause the kid they had before was good, and I've only seen 2 eps thus far of 6 (just got the sixth season DVDs lastnight)and I don't really like the new kid.

Thanks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mxcmm

[2]Feb 24, 2009
    • level: 7
    I actually have no clue, maybe the producers of the show wanted to age the character or have the new actor look like Anthony's Michael Hall's character.

kdtfiles

[3]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 23
    The age thing doesn't really fit, they didn't age the character up any, and the actors were abou the same age.

And if they wanted the character to look more like AMJ they would have kept the first kid, cause the one in season 6 looked less like him that the other one.

buffyjl

[4]Sep 13, 2012
    • level: 20

Season 6 O.J. Looked a bit more like Sarah.

I preferred the previous O.J.

I would guess since the character wasn't as essential, they wouldn't spend any extra effort to keep the actor. Since season6 was produced more than a year later and across the country in Montreal, the actor may not have been available 100% .

So they got a new O.J.

Also possible, since the production and funding changed drastically, the new funders may have suggested the new child actor they new. This happens a lot in tv land, people get roles because who they know.